P20--arrival and installation

There are some folks transitioning from P20 to the Shunyata Everest and like that better. Perhaps ot is its RFAnd EMI filters. But there are also new Shunyata Power Cords that supposedly do the same thing for in wall amps adding capacitance and filters. Still the P20 looks cost effective up against the Everest and all the Shunyata extra cords before and after it , they still recommend for best sound.

But wait a minute what about all of PSA recommendations on AQ Dragon cords. There is still a common factor on the flow of money and power in all manufacturers recommended power conditioner configurations. We give you power you give us 10 to 30K and you will love your sound as much and more as we love more money you give us.

But I am still happy with my more modest P20 connections in that its still better sound than before especially when offered for less than MSRP.

2 Likes

The Everest is an interesting product and I enjoy how it looks. I would be delighted to try one out.

2 Likes

Yep bring on the Pangea AC9SE MkIIs…hard to beat…and how high up the $$$$$
chain to surpass them and then how much of an improvement if any…

“I was sad because I had no P20, then I met a man who had a P3.” (me) :wink:

5 Likes

All of the PowerPlants do a great job.

I have a Power Plant Premier, a fairly old unit at this point. It works well, does its job nicely, robust. It has nothing to apologize for.

4 Likes

Based on my experience with the Stellar P3, I have to agree. I hope my joke didn’t give the opposite impression. It’s just that it was teed up so perfectly, I had to take the shot. :wink:

1 Like

I giggled a bit. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Reading Fremer’s column in today’s new issue of Stereophile makes me think I should go ahead and try plugging my Antileon Evo Power Amp into my P20. I guess I can give it a try…

4 Likes

Do it! Do it! Do it!

6 Likes

I bet this system images like a monster.

Guy Just do it…don’t phisolophize with it any more…just do it
and be edumacated…if you no likey just unplug it from P20 and
back to however you had it…

You got the $$$$ get another P20 if one is not enough…
:grinning:

1 Like

Hey Al…when you get your amps plugged into your P20…
let us know your .02 on what you hear … :smile:

1 Like

Will do sir!

1 Like

At a boy Al go git em done!!

1 Like

My Gryphon Diablo 300 sounds better thru the P20 - give it a try - i dare ya

3 Likes

Way to go Gareth…egg 'im on… :innocent:

It can’t take that long to switch a power cable… :rofl:

Better yet I’ll double dog dare ya …
The gauntlet has been laid down…ye haw…andale… andale… arriba… arriba…andale…

1 Like

It is done. I actually perspired while doing it. These firehose sized power cables are a b*tch to work with. Plus I have 2m power cables (2) for the big amp and the distance to the P20 is under a meter. Bah.

Here is the front panel with everything I currently have powered up and the amp set to 1/3 as I have never needed any more than that so far.

Some headroom available.

I will start listening now.

Update: sounds good, no fires yet. Sounds really good actually. Hmmmmm.

6 Likes

rumor is @aangen recently had a birthday may be a struggle to lift his big power cords nowadays :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Fun!

2 Likes