P5 Shootout: Black Vs. Silver!

Sometimes when you arrange a complex shootout, some artistic license is necessary…

P5 Shootout: Black Vs. Silver!

Nice one! :smiley:

=D>

Until now, I have randomly purchased either silver or black components with little thought or preference. Now I know to pay attention.

Sounds about right.

J.P.

i could a told you the silver sounds much better. it’s pretty obvious!! :smiley:

i thought everyone knew?

Not that I have noticed, but my system must be really confused… I have a Silver PWD sitting on top of a Black PowerBase. :smiley:

J.P.

My black PWD II is currently sitting on top of a loaner silver p10. I have superfluous sound cohesion :wink:

I think I’ll buy a black p10, just to even it out…

Wait until they release the limited edition champagne color version to really confuse the issue :stuck_out_tongue:

My black PWD II is currently sitting on top of a loaner silver p10. I have superfluous sound cohesion ;)
I think I'll buy a black p10, just to even it out...

I now have 2 black P10's, 1 silver P5, and 1 silver PWD MKII. Of course my Dectect is black and my 2 Duet's are silver. I have both a can of silver and black spray paint just in case one color wins hands down as the best as decided bythis forum and I cannot make a decision on my own! :P

Yes, but how are the knobs? :))

J.P.

I just sandblasted my black P10. Sounds good. I’ll repaint it over the weekend to see if makes a difference.

nordicbob said: I have both a can of silver and black spray paint

Plasti Dip.

This way you can switch back and forth with ease with no damage to the underlying structure.

Maybe if it is all subjective why not spectrum inverting goggles? Better for resale value.

I just sandblasted my black P10. Sounds good. I'll repaint it over the weekend to see if makes a difference.

That might give it a "rugged" look? However, I would worry that doing that might impart a little "graininess" to the sound.

:P