Poll Version 2.0 - Color Choice - Black, Silver, Gold, Other?

I attempted this poll yesterday, but forgot to add Gold(ish). Thanks for the feedback!

What color components do you prefer? Black, Silver, Gold, Other?

• Black
  • Silver
  • Gold
  • Other

0 voters

1 Like

Back in my NAD years I had all black equipment, since NAD, like Ford, offered any color as long as it was black.
Before that it was Sears/Pioneer in vinyl woodgrain.
Now I am all silver PSA, except for my holdout NAD FM Tuner. Silver brightens up a dark corner so well.

4 Likes

It comes in stages, my first equipment like the Panasonic DVD player was silver, and most other equipment comes in silver at the time, so I got everything in silver. Then everything started coming out in black color, that was chic at the time and everything in black looked really cool so I started getting all my equipment in black. After a while when everyone was used to black, silver aluminum started to be introduced back to the picture and it seem a little more classy looking, especially the higher end equipment, so I started getting back to silver again. Soon I may get tired of this all silver thing and get back to black, who knows. But that may cost a small fortune to change everything back again. I don’t mind gold, but not that many equipments comes in gold, so the choices are more limited.

2 Likes

I dunno…but for me silver is just too bright and metallic…not
inviting…just my .00002

Best wishes

1 Like

I have piano finish black, black metal. silver metal, gray metal and gold metal plus dark brown wood.
Blue interconnect cables, reddish interconnect cables, purple speaker cables.
If I get the FR20’s I might add white to the mix.

2 Likes

You technicolor guy you…your music may be colorful as well :innocent: :grin:

Best wishes

1 Like

But what sounds the best, that’s what I interested in. I could be wrong, but I believe silver sounds much better than black. I don’t know about the other colors though.

6 Likes

I have both silver and black in a few different systems, but I think I prefer silver because you can see the details in it.

Some might like black because you CAN’T see the details, as it probably blends into the background and is less distracting while listening. Ahdunno.

Kinda why I’m not a fan of black cars or black wheels on cars. The shape and design might be outstanding, but you miss out on a lot of the definition if it’s all black.

2 Likes

You are a very bright intellectual :innocent:…surely you don’t like a bright sound now would you? :thinking: :grin:

Just had to pick on you!!

Best wishes

1 Like

Silver sounds better only if a green pen is used around the edges.

3 Likes

Well it’s simple Clifton…The gold champagne …gives a warm wonderful
tubey feel to sound like Accuphase…

More poking :grin:

Best wishes

1 Like

Guys this hear ole PS Audio forum is in a league of it’s very own
ain’t none other like it!!!

Best wishes

1 Like

I just ordered a new rack, in black. Black, baby—to show off my pretty silver stuff.

7 Likes

Now your talking zebra with horizontal stripes…

What next

Best wishes

1 Like

Black sounds better than red, blue sounds better than black, orange sound better than blue, purple sound better than orange, white sounds better than purple. You don’t believe me? Try out those SR fuses and then you know what what I’m talking about.

2 Likes

The zebra stripes were overruled by the woman who has better esthetic taste than me. Or so it seems.

1 Like

Exactly…see how smart you are…couldn’t have composed that one any
better myself…

It’s all in how it all fuses it all together now see…er hear it… :innocent: :grin:

Best wishes

1 Like

Once you go black, you will finish the sentence yourself. :laughing:

Exactly where I’m coming from.

Skunk, panda, harlequin, whitewalls, dominos and saddle shoes…