Photography

9 Likes

9 Likes

Very nice shot of the Ponte Vecchio and the Arno. What might’ve been an ominous sky is balanced by the sun’s rays breaking through the clouds. Well done.

My high school was just off the bridges to Fire Island. When driving over them, if it was a clear day, we’d be able to see the World Trade Towers just on the horizon, but just barely. I believe the distance was roughly 50 miles. Searching them out was always a fun exercise of vision acuity.

1 Like

It was an ominous sky. I can’t show how ominous as I’m running a long backup, but here’s a different ominous.

… and my favourite place in the world. Possibly.

3 Likes

Empty rooms, indeed. But the seashore is which one?

Firenze, such a beautiful town.

Knokke-Heist

Got it. Thanks.

2 Likes

That’s the posh area.

When I said ominous, this is what followed:

6 Likes

That’s the way it’s been. Droughts, record temperatures, torrential rains. In the US two 1,000-year floods one in Texas and the other in Kentucky within three days of each other.

1 Like

8 Likes

9 Likes

10 Likes

9 Likes

Just got back from Peru’s Sacred Valley - what a beautiful place. Very warm people too.

20 Likes

And camelids!

2 Likes

So many camelids!

14 Likes

Knokke Heist in Vlaanderen is beautiful. Great area to relax and so much to see, Brugge, Sluis (Zeeuws Vlaanderen, Netherlands). Than there is the Culinary culture in that part of Benelux, a world different than the in the northern central part of The Netherlands. The reason for that is the Burgundy culture as opposed the to the no nonsense sentiment in the northern parts. I love driving to that part of Benelux and enjoy what they have to offer.

Knokke is almost home-from-home. That picture was on a recent visit, we had a dinner in Antwerp at 7pm, left London at 3am, got to Knokke at 9am (8am UK), spent the day in Knokke and 90 minutes down to Antwerp. A perfect day.

There are many beautiful places on the northern coast, one fabulous place is Barneville-Carteret in Brittany. The posh people go to Deauville. Nearby Honfleur is nice.

1 Like