Photography

We love going to Big Bend, usually in October or April before the heat sets in!
Beautiful starry nights!!

7 Likes

A couple of photos from our trip to Italy this May.

Rooftops of Cinque Terre

Venice

8 Likes

comparative anatomy anyone?

difficult to get proper shot…possum then raccoon then rabbit. possum is much larger than shown, smallest brain cavity by far. raccoon brain cavity per skull size much larger. rabbit most delicate structures, smaller than indicated.

back yard consists of woods, bobcats do their thing, nature and bleach do the rest

4 Likes

Here is one of our bobcats looking for jackrabbits.Estimated it weighs 25 - 35 lbs.

3 Likes

This little guy has become a daily visitor.

5 Likes

Rabies risk?

1 Like

Doubtful

1 Like

Must be an audiophile!

1 Like

But not impossible…I would not want a wild animal in my home knowing that animal has a high risk for contracting rabies!

6 Likes

That’s a rare sight, Delicate Arch without hordes of tourists everywhere! :laughing: Nice image/compostion, you’ve avoided the usual stereotypical representations. That’s a hard place to come up with something visually fresh. I lugged my view camera up to that spot many years ago to no good end. Never could get a shot off without tourists everywhere. Even as the sun was coming up in late October.

1 Like

Thanks!
Yes, tourists problem is getting worse every year.
Rare to find anywhere without the crowds…

Yes, everywhere

5 Likes

5 Likes

Whatever it takes to get that shot!!

4 Likes

Carminito del Rey - Spain
Before they “homoginized” the whole death hike experience with caged in walkways…

4 Likes

Some of my wife’s floral handywork…

10 Likes

11 Likes

Just bought a “real” camera (Nikon Z5 mirrorless/full frame) and wanted to try a 105mm macro lens. Still lots to learn but having fun.

7 Likes