Playlist

Try going to My PS > My Products and make sure that your DirectStream Memory Player is listed with the correct serial number. If so, then try powering down your router and cable modem, and then power them back on. Power on the cable modem first and wait for all of the normal lights to come back on, then power on the router. If you know how, then I also recommend logging in to admin on your router and assigning a fixed IP address to the DMP (if you haven’t already). I find that dong that can help avoid network communication issues.

Just trying to eliminate any issues I can think of, such as anything that might causes an intermittent communication error between the DMP and PS Audio playlist server.

Thank you, Bill. I don’t think it’s a client-side issue though I have restarted everything between the cable coming out of the ground and DMP. I also verified that the S/N is correct in My Products.

So, here are the titles I’ve found that exhibit this behavior:

Jimi Hendrix, First Rays of the New Rising Sun, MCAD-11599
Robin Trower, A Tale Untold, EMI 50999 642154 2 6 (all three discs)
Moxy, Moxy, PACE016
Vangelis, Chariots of Fire, MFSL UDCD 622
Roger Eno, Flatlands, HNCD 1518

Perhaps a member here who happens to have one of these titles and a PWT or DMP can play the disc and see if it shows up in their playlist.

I’m on my third DMP this month. The first wouldn’t play SACDs without dropouts, the second arrived with a chipped glass top plate, the third looks and plays fine. But, it won’ t talk to the playlist at all. Player number one would, but flakely, player number two communicated faultlessly, but player number three just doesn’t.

Firmware is 2.06, IP address is fixed on the router, DPM appears on the network, supplied SD card is in. Powering off and on makes no difference.

I’ m guessing the firmware is the culprit, so will await the update. Not losing any more time trying to second gues a fix for this.

I know the Playlist isn’t much of a priority for anyone anymore, but would it be possible to get the clock set on the server so it displays the correct time, please? Thanks!