Power base available in Europe

I have a little question,is the power base available in Europe?

I have send Aspera audio in Belgium an email but Guy told me that the version of 230 volt/50Hz is coming but he don’t not when?

Is that true?

I’m still waiting sinds february.

Just got mine in Norway as the powerbase is universal 90-240V, but the are only comming with

two US outlets not Schuko. So if u look at the info on it under products it`s rear is the same world wide.

So one has to us US plugges or special order Ac powercords as I did.

PerS

@pers1 please let us know what is your impression on the PB: http://www.psaudio.com/vanilla/discussion/4919/power-base-what-are-your-impressions#Item_144

I have make a promise to Guy from Aspera Audio to buy on his company,I want only buy an original Power Base for only 230volt/50Hz with shuko.(Aspera Audio is the company I trust.)

But the date that shuko design will delivered in February 2013 will be not correct,maybe that mr McGowan can explane why?

I can wait and I will known what my impressions are if I have the power base.

The International version of the PowerBase will be a female IEC not a Shuko - as the Shuko will not fit on the PB. We are just now finishing the designs and it’ll be a bit before we release anything for sale. We did not meet the February deadline because we decided most people in Europe would be fine with the US style and the supplied cord - many are, but obviously we weren’t correct for everyone.

thank you very much for your explanation mr.McGowan.

I have one question: Do I connect the output from the power base on the input from the P5 or connect I outlet 4 HC on the power base?

How long will it take for the power base is coming to Europe?

I can wait.

I believe that it is generally thought to use the PowerBase filter on the input of the PowerBase, but certain equipment combinations may work better with it on the output. The only way to truly know is to try it both ways if possible.

J.P.

@pers1 please let us know what is your impression on the PB: http://www.psaudio.com/vanilla/discussion/4919/power-base-what-are-your-impressions#Item_144

Done ; )

The impression is clear.

There is more space and air.

It’s more analog sounding en absolutly not clinic clean but clean.

I have connected the P5 on the outlet of the Powerbase.

My dealer in Germany told me that the Powerbase is for the American market only and there will be no Import to EU. PSA said that the CE-Norm should be fulfilled but anyway a modification would be to adventurous.

Is this right ?

C.S.

Any idea ?

Hello Chris,

I have buy my Power Base by Aspera Audio in Belgium.

The are no problem with CE-norm only the outlets are not schuko but american

The are no difference between the Power Base electrical US or Europe. Voltage 100-240 volt 50/60 Hz.

Brian

Thanks Brian

How much did you pay and how much is the VAT in belgium ?

Is ist only delivered with this little thin Powercord - locks funny … or did you buy a better one ?

Chris

Hello Chris,

The price I pay 1200 Euro./incl vat/tax.

The vat is 21% and are inhabitant of the European community Germany,Spain etc…is including vat/tax.(No customs)

You can use the little thin powercord,there is no alternative powercord on this length,maybe that PS Audio make a better one in the future?

Ask Paul maybe has he an solution if you want a better powercord between Powerbase and other audio equipement.

Brian

Thanks brian !

But once again: my dealer in Germany told me that the Powerbase is for the American market only and there will be no Import to EU.

and Paul said:

The International version of the PowerBase will be a female IEC not a Shuko - as the Shuko will not fit on the PB. We are just now finishing the designs and it’ll be a bit before we release anything for sale. We did not meet the February deadline because we decided most people in Europe would be fine with the US style and the supplied cord - many are, but obviously we weren’t correct for everyone.

What does that mean, is it possible to have a officiall statement from Paul or/and PS audio ?

Aspera Audio in Belgium seams to be the only dealer who sells the PB in Europa unofficial and this is really not the way I would like to buy expensive Hifi Gear.

Thanks