Power Base Downunder

I have been thinking of getting a Power Base for under my DAC. I was under the impression that they were all the same no matter what the voltage was where you live (240v in Australia). I thought Paul said this but I may be mistaken. From what I understand the Power Bases here have two IEC female outputs (as well as a male IEC input) rather than a standard plug. This means I cannot use US style plugs. (A lot of Audiophiles Downunder use US power cables).

I need to know if I can use a standard (US style) Power Base in Australia. thanks all

Hi - there is a plan to get a CE approval that would involve two IEC outputs but I don’t know where that is at. I have two PBs now in the UK running at nominal 230V / 50 Hz with standard North American outlets. For the reason you cite - using north american style plus on existing cords - getting the PBs configured this way is the way to go.

I’m auditioning one soon in Melbourne. I’ll let you know.

....From what I understand the Power Bases here have two IEC female outputs (as well as a male IEC input) rather than a standard plug. This means I cannot use US style plugs...

If so, they did the same thing for PowerPlay 240V version, putting the female IEC (I think it's called C14 or C15) outlets instead of the US style. I decided against buying the PowerPlay for that reason. I want US style outlets to make use of the huge investment I've already put into PerfectWave AC power cables. I just don't understand why we can't have a US outlet on a 240V PowerPlay.

Do you mean PowerBase? If so, we make that in 240 volts with US plugs. No worries. That’s all the folks in Hong Kong will buy for that very same reason.

Thanks Paul. I thought that was the case.

yes I got my P-5 wired with US style plugs for here in NZ 240 same as AU should be no problem with the power base

Do you mean PowerBase? If so, we make that in 240 volts with US plugs. No worries. That's all the folks in Hong Kong will buy for that very same reason.

No, I mean the PowerPlay8500, you won't build a 240V version with US style power outlets.

Oh, sorry. You’re right, the market’s not there for us to invest in the tooling changes. Sorry.

You are right Rossop, magenta audio won’t import the US plug version.