Power cable recommendation for Dectet

Pulled the plug on a 14 ft. BAV power cable 10AWG. The comments/recommendations posted by all is much appreciated.

3 Likes

I found that my aurender is very sensitive to power cable.
I bought AC2,AC5 and AC12 power cable. I went about testing them.

rank from bad to good
AC5 ac power cable:average dynamic, bad resolution, bad imaging and very powerful bass but boomy.
Free ac power cable:good dynamic, good resolution, great imaging and average bass. Voice sound thin.
AC2 ac power cable:good dynamic, good resolution, good imaging and good bass.
AC12 ac power cable:great dynamic, great resolution, great imaging and great bass.

I do not know why aurender s10 is so sensitive to power cable. Is it because the clock is inside it, and they send it to dac. does noise to aurender affect the sound of dac by clock?

anyway i use P5 power plant, AC5 to my krell evo phantom 2, AC5 to my playback designs MPD-3, AC12 to aurender s10. Keep my ac3 in cupboard. Maybe in future i need it a brighter sound, then i can use it. I cannot use AC5 on my power amp, they have 20 amp input plug. I might get an converter for testing only purposes.

These AC power cable really bring meat to my hifi sound. No more thin sounding vocal and bass. I recommend it if you are willing to spend a free thousands to upgrade your hifi.