Power Plant 15 and A Puritan 156 conditioner

Progressive Audio’s line filter is said by some to be the best powerhouse at the moment. The sockets are Furutech NCF.

https://progressiveaudio-essen.de/index.php/produkte/netzteil

1 Like

When I see fan, I’m scared about silence…

2 Likes

That Progressive Audio conditioner is a bit too industrial look to me, plus it has the wrong color. I am not sure if they are selling in the US.

Puritan makes a $20k conditioner! :open_mouth: I hope they upgrade the power cord too. I will just buy their new cord.

1 Like

what power cable have you arrived at?

1 Like

Its done! Traded in the Sasha 2’s for an almost new pair of DAWs. Delivery/set up is set for late March!

4 Likes

Price?

Speaking with the USA distributor, Brian Tucker he mentioned an upgraded PSM 156 and PSM 1512 with Furutech outlets. Clearly with upgraded case work as well.
$20k fo-get a-boud-it!

5 Likes

If I’m not mistaken it was around €15,000. I’ll ask again.
Yes, and it sounded noticeably better than the large Audioquest line filter. Almost everyone in the event was able to confirm the difference, which sometimes didn’t become clear between the audio quests.

1 Like

I have the P20 and upgraded from P10 which IMO was huge. Every component connected performed noticeably better! I was considering the AQ Niagara 5000 but found a deal on a pre owned P20 from TMR. I have no regrets if you have room for the P20 it’s worth the investment. When considering a Puritan I talked to @aangen and he said he tried it and prefers the P20 that’s a good enough for me!

4 Likes

That was a good decision. There is little difference between the Niagara 3000 and 5000 and the 5000 is not worth the extra cost. We hifi crazy people are being ripped off by the majority of manufacturers anyway. A Tesla is cheaper than many audio components.

3 Likes

Sounds like a better deal since I only need it for 3 components :grin:

2 Likes

As long as you are content with it in your system, as that is what matters.

3 Likes

Along with performance the number of outlets were also a big part of decision the 5000 has double the 3000 but the P20 has almost as both the 3000/5000 combined.

3 Likes

1 classic+ for the one feeding the sources and 1 ultimate for the other feeding the amp

2 Likes

Anticipating more components in your future?

The home theater amps and processor, projector etc.

3 Likes

And a Coffee machine too (this is for Vince, of course)

1 Like

No coffee machine but three electrostat panel speakers

2 Likes

I would if I had a Puritan. What is not mentioned or shown is that the existing cable lugs have to be replaced with suitable ones from Furutech, at least on the input socket.

not familiar with new plugs

how do components plug into the 156 after the ‘upgrade’ plugs?