Problems with DS DAC, Bridge II, and MinimServer

I’m perplexed and I need help from the experts.

Over the last few weeks I’ve been experiencing very inconsistent performance when I attempt to stream music from my Mac to my Bridge II equipped DS DAC. First, here’s my setup. I have a 2012 vintage Mac Mini running fully updated El Capitan. Music files are on a separate 2TB hard drive. The Bridge II is connected directly to my U-Verse Pace 5268AC router via AudioQuest Ethernet cable. The Bridge II is assigned a static IP address. MinimServer reports everything nominal, no errors. I’m using MConnect or 8Player as my control points, both on iPhone and iPad, connected to the same network.

A couple of weeks ago I purchased five albums from NativeDSD, all 64fs DSD stereo. I was able to play all of them. All sounded fantastic. Last night I purchased “Getz/Gilberto 76” in the same format and have encountered issues at every turn. At one point I shut down the DS DAC and once I restarted it I was able to play one track. Then, the next song failed, and the next, and so on. I’ve restarted MinimServer, I’ve rescanned files, I’ve restarted the DS DAC, I’ve restarted the Mac, I’ve restarted the router. Nothing works. Sometimes I get hiss when a song tries to start, sometimes nothing. It won’t even play run-of-the-mill AIFF files.

What the hell is happening?

P.S., The mute function on the DS DAC turns on and off at will, as well. I have to check it every single time I play anything. Most of the times mute is ON, even though I did not switch it to ON.

I understand your frustration, been there myself. I once had a LAN cable become intermittant, turns out the connector wiring on my switch cable loosened and I could not consistently access my NAS, it’s a long shot but you might check out your cables. You might use a network app like Net Analizer to see if all your devices are connected.

rogerdn said I understand your frustration, been there myself. I once had a LAN cable become intermittent, turns out the connector wiring on my switch cable loosened and I could not consistently access my NAS, it's a long shot but you might check out your cables. You might use a network app like Net Analyzer to see if all your devices are connected.
And tonight it worked like a charm...

Gremlins. Sometimes this stuff is just baffling.

stevem2 said Gremlins. Sometimes this stuff is just baffling.
You said it!