PS Audio AirLens

yeah, it would be cool if there was a “coming soon” product page for it

A few weeks ago I attempted to post everything I could find:

2 Likes

Airplay 2 is the current airplay for apple devices. Auralic only works with apple devices for control. iPhone or iPad.

1 Like

I believe previous posts suggested AirLens input will be Ethernet, outputs will be I2s (preferred handshake to DSD mkII) and Coax. Galvanic isolation in and out. no need for USB

1 Like

It would be very helpful to hear from PS Audio that they are working to get the AirLens onto the Tidal Connect supported devices webpage: Supported Devices | TIDAL . And whether that is only via Apple devices or also via Android devices running the Tidal Connect app.

1 Like

Nope and there won’t be until we get closer to launch. In days past I was more than willing to share development details as they emerged. Over time and as those details morphed (as they do in the process) our community started getting angry with me. It got old. I am unwilling to endure all the barbs and venting of the community for sharing with them the development process.

So, we wait now until a product is developed and nearing completion. We get small teasers and answers to questions as best I can with the information at hand.

I am trying to do my best.

24 Likes

A smart decision and a good balanced approach. :+1:

3 Likes

And…its a real shame, Paul.

I appreciate the openness you have demonstrated in the past and have always tried to consume the information you provide keeping in mind how far along I believed you were in the R&D, fabrication, shake out and manufacturing stages. Others, not so much. :smirk:

Giving most here the benefit of the doubt, if I may be so bold, I think you should consider much of the angst as a form of praise. Folks are invested in PSA Audio and keen to see if your next great idea is something they can enjoy. In the end, all the “whining” and second-guessing is because they care. You should take some pride in that (eternal optimist that I sense you are).

OTOH, the lack of discernment, civility and patience on some accounts can be breathtaking.

“All you can do is all you can do. But all you can do is enough”.

- Art Williams

Best regards,

SEE

8 Likes

totally get that.

But would be good to have a central location with real, vetted info (such as what you’ve provided), vs a long and crooked thread packed with speculation and misinformation! :+1:

1 Like

Attaboy. No sense in feeding the trolls.

1 Like

That’s the thing…

I suspect plans and features are actually in enough flux at the moment that as soon as PSA provides such a “coming soon” product page with ANY significant details, enough folks will whine about the preliminaries and have a fit if the final product differs in any material way, PSA would come to regret* posting the preliminaries. :man_shrugging:

That said, I actually think such a page is a great idea. But, it is a matter of timing and level of details. IOW, what can be definitively said about the product and what cannot; and when does a design or performance feature become set?

Cheers.

*I perceive one of Paul’s Virtues/Vices to be that he pays too much attention to what the “peanut gallery” has to say. :grinning:

1 Like

I’m under the impression that the airlens will be on the same size as sprout witch I think is perfect. just what I heard through the grapevine.

2 Likes

It’s not the same size as Sprout. It’s bigger and in a different chassis. But, you’re right it is (let’s say) a half size chassis. It’ll look something like this photo (but not exactly).

27 Likes

Pretty.

1 Like

Hi @Paul

thank you for the image and your effort/patience keeping open a direct dialog with us. I find this a fundamental characteristic of PS Audio I love compared to any other brand. My totally appreciation for that.

If I may share here my opinion, with great humility and as a future buyer of this (and other PS Audio) product: here on the forum since last year I read a few posts about the new AirLens shape assuming it will have a perfectwave HALF SIZE chassis.

I was organizing the rack room expecting an half size shape whit front/back panel on the short side (vertically not horizontally).

Something similar to the Nuwave

This vertically shape may save room on the shelf really benefiting of an half size chassis. On the contrary an horizontally shape (as shown on your photo) takes the same shelf room of an entire perfectwave chassis, even with more difficult access to cables.

Am I wrong? Thank you.

Is there a reason for an half size chassis I cannot understand? Eventually related to a role of the AirLen as a perfect mate of the DS DAC MKII? I imagine the same hight size of other perfectwave chassis, hence my doubts.

3 Likes

Wow! Now this is exciting Paul. Love the looks of this. Thank you for sharing and hope it stays on track to look similar.:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Happy Cake Day @msaladino22 !

2 Likes

Cool looking chassis

Ah, you can teach an Old Dog new tricks. :roll_eyes:

Nice! Will there be a silver and black edition?