PS Audio AirLens

No I2S input in the AL.

I don’t understand…why do you want to feed a phono amp into a streamer or DAC?

1 Like

Right now it the easiest way to connect my system until I can get a really good preamp and a better phono stage. Also I think the galvanic isolation will help the sound that is there. I also have some rare records I want to record to DSD and listen to them in the mean time. I’m slowly building my system as funds allow.

1 Like

Any idea how much Airlens going to be? I am debating whether to wait for Airlens or get something like Sonore.

PSA say they are trying to hold it to $2000. This is up from an estimate of $1800 earlier this year.

1 Like

Fed my NuWave Phono directly into my DS SNR via I2S,
Unless your using both i2s inputs already you should be good to go?

I wonder if the beta units are still going out this month or did i miss something and got pushed back longer.

1 Like

My bet is later, and I will win.

1 Like

If we all bet later, who are we betting?

As of now no one is stepping up for this month, so all bets are off. Everyone loses.

1 Like

The over is undefeated on this forum. Unfortunately the over line is down to -20,000. ; )

2 Likes

I have used it back and forth between my IS2 on my modified OPPO 103 but i was asking because I’m thinking that the galvanic isolation would help the sound coming out of the NuWave. But I will be able to use it along side my NuWave when the Airlens comes out. So I can have one for music off my NAS and then off the NuWave phono converter for my turntable. At some point I’ll upgrade it to maybe a Gold Note phono pre or something similar to properly eq the mix of old and new LP’s. I have 78,45,and 33 records.

1 Like

Here’s an update. We had been waiting for Apple certification and chips so we could include AirPlay (which some people may like). Turns out Apple chips are now pushed out 52 weeks (and counting). We made the decision to kill AirPlay.

Everything else is on track until….more chip shortages. Our purchasing department has acquired “99%” of the needed parts and we are scrambling to find that last 1%. I just got word this morning that got completed and we’re now on track for a September beta launch.

What a fricking nightmare!

35 Likes

Thank you for the update Paul. It is always great to hear you chime in.

Tough manufacturing environment right now, for sure…

Is an AirPlay update (“upgrade”) feasible down the line?

Good luck with the Beta Testing.

No, unfortunately it would require yet another board spin. Airplay would have been nice but hardly important.

5 Likes

Thanks for the update Paul. Looking forward to the release!

Thanks. It’s been so topsy Turvey lately I am terrified of reporting anything because it changes the next day.

6 Likes

Take your time. Lol. I am perfectly happy with the Bridge II. I recently added the Matrix X-SPDIF 2 to my system and now have everything connected to Is2. Sounds great and I can play DSD256 without any problems.

Shame,
but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Personally,
Love Music/YouTube etc from my AppleTV and was looking forward to an upgrade of it thru Airlens instead of via Oppo 203 HDMI input.

Ah well,
still looking forward to picking up Airlens as a Roon endpoint,
should blow my 203 out the water.

Is what it is Paul… :+1:

We appreciate the update,
please don’t stress.