PS Audio PerfectWave AC-12 About to buy 1 ..

Listed $749, but accepts my much lower best offer.

Seems very trustworthy, he told me all his cables are 100% genuine, upon checking his inventory… he sells many popular brand such as Kimble, AnalysisPlus, AudioQuest , Nordos , Cardas and many others.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PS-AUDIO-AC-12-Power-Cord-1-5-Meter-Retail-999-/262072708220?hash=item3d04c02c7c

Seems real, with the box and everything…

any comment?

At one point I also bought and AC-12 (European version and not from that dealer) at one point an thought it was an original. When I got it I closely compared it with an original AC-12 from an authorized dealer in Germany. It turned out to be fake.

Simple test: Take a sharp knife or a razor blade and try to scratch off the white PS-Audio writings on the metal plugs. If you can the cable is most likely fake (unless PS-Audio changed the manufacturing process).

The letters of the original cable are first engraved and then filled with white colour so that the letters do not stick out from the surface.

The letters on the fake cable are simply printed on top of the metal so that you can “feel the colour” and a sharp knife would stop a the printing when you scratch over it.

Otherwise the fake cable looked pretty perfect incl. the Box

kckuepper said At one point I also bought and AC-12 (European version and not from that dealer) at one point an thought it was an original. When I got it I closely compared it with an original AC-12 from an authorized dealer in Germany. It turned out to be fake.

Simple test: Take a sharp knife or a razor blade and try to scratch off the white PS-Audio writings on the metal plugs. If you can the cable is most likely fake (unless PS-Audio changed the manufacturing process).

The letters of the original cable are first engraved and then filled with white colour so that the letters do not stick out from the surface.

The letters on the fake cable are simply printed on top of the metal so that you can “feel the colour” and a sharp knife would stop a the printing when you scratch over it.

Otherwise the fake cable looked pretty perfect incl. the Box

Great, I will try this. I hope Paul can comment on this.

The purchase are covered by Ebay 100% Money Back Guarantee, so if the words scratches off easily I can always ask for refund.

Upon further Google, I found out that almost all 99% Counterfeit made in China are all offered in 2 Meters version. So this one i’m buying is 1.5 Meter is most probably real, but still China can Counterfeit anything easily.

Seller accepted my offer for $450 + $28.50 for shipping to Malaysia. Its about RM2100 in my currency. Why I did not buy locally? Because the only seller here I’ve known to authorized to sell PS AUDIO product asking for RM6561, that’s a ridiculous amount of markup.

Anymore suggestion guys? Maybe someone know this seller? “stereocableconnection” operating since 2003 in Ebay, with only 1 bad rating.

Edit: Someone told me the price too good to be real, however MusicDirect is selling AC-12 2 Meters for $549, so the price is not too far away from genuine. ( I would buy from MusicDirect if the ships to Malaysia, but they only ship to US addresses only )

I looked over the product listing on eBay, and for what it’s worth in my opinion this seller looks to be legitimate. Besides the fact that they’re located in Los Angeles CA their available product lines include several brands that are not known to be counterfeited. I would not try to scratch the paint off the connectors as a test since if you do so they may no longer be returnable for refund. I’d suggest a visual inspection of the logo on the plugs to see if they’re actually engraved and not just painted on the surface without attempting to scratch them, if that is indeed a valid indicator of original cables. Good luck!

audio.bill said I looked over the product listing on eBay, and for what it's worth in my opinion this seller looks to be legitimate. Besides the fact that they're located in Los Angeles CA their available product lines include several brands that are not known to be counterfeited. I would not try to scratch the paint off the connectors as a test since if you do so they may no longer be returnable for refund. I'd suggest a visual inspection of the logo on the plugs to see if they're actually engraved and not just painted on the surface without attempting to scratch them, if that is indeed a valid indicator of original cables. Good luck!

Yes, very trustworthy. He said he got all his supplies from authorised distributor.

I already made the payment, will receive the item in probably a week time. All the best to me