PWD 2.4.3 Released.

@amiglic an even bigger question is the pops. Are you suggesting that there were no pops on 2.4.1 and there are now pops on 2.4.3? That would be very helpful to know and verify this is true.

Will check during the weekend.

@valer_valer

生活在危险,但低体积是好风水

http://www.bing.com/translator/?ref=TThis&from=zh-CHS&to=en&text=生活在危险,但低体积是好风水 gives “Living in dangerous, but low volumes are good Feng Shui” :slight_smile:

Maybe that is how he typed it

All right,

With 2.4.3 downloaded and bridge 14f, ps audio solved the with noise,

But pops, changing resolution remains.

Still No Cover Art displayed on the dac!!! Damm

C’mon Paul…harry up.

Regards

Fabio

I stand corrected. I reloaded 2.4.3 this morning and unplugged the PWD until I returned from work. Fired it back up and tried every sampling frequency in about every order I could think of, and no white noise.

For the record, the pops are more consistent and somewhat louder when switching between media of different bit depths/sample rates compared to 2.2.0, but it is tolerable.

What is a 14f bridge fw? Never seen it released. I tried 2.14 a and b and I still use 2.13c.

Only had white noise during the upgrade.

After that working beautifully! :slight_smile:

With around 6 hours of listening to 2.43 now, it is very nice sounding. Smoother than 2.20, it holds the same wide, deep soundstage while adding some naturalness to the midrange. Maybe this is the same as 2.41, which I never got to enjoy.

@stereophilus - on my system it is far better than 2.4.1

@stereophilus - on my system it is far better than 2.4.1

Interesting.

I will say, for me it is a clear winner over 2.20. The pops on 2.43 are a subtle inconvenience that can be easily endured (for now).

Well done Dennis. You Da Man.

^:)^

This firmware is quite good…in fact, I am kind of scratching my head as to how a firmware change could make such an improvement. Biggest difference from 2.2.0 is much wider and deeper soundstage. There is also more air and separation.

Good work on this.

Thanks guys. I went and tried going between versions yesterday myself and I indeed get a few pops - more like a tick - when I start a new CD. I guess I never really noticed them before, so used to it I became. But what i found is it’s not specific to the versions. At least on my system I get the random ticks on any version. I think we’ll go ahead and continue promoting the use of 2.4.3 and then start a new project to figure out the ticks.

Sound reasonable?

Ok…and what about missing cover?

Thx

Fabio

Unrelated. This software has no bearing on cover art. That’s a completely separate issue, probably having to do with your SD card. If you contact Alex in customer service or email me directly, I can get you in touch with help to solve this.

Paul McGowan said: I think we'll go ahead and continue promoting the use of 2.4.3 and then start a new project to figure out the ticks.

Sound reasonable?

Hi, Paul

Overall this is a good plan.

I think we need to be certain to remind people to turn off other equipment while updating, and to warn them that some may experience unexpected noises and to cautiously try all sample rate changes prior to settling in to listen. While damage is unlikely, unanticipated noises are unsettling at best.

I am delighted with all of the reports that they find 2.4.3 to both sound better and to resolve problems for many. :)

@elk

@admin

Couldn’t each release go out with a PDFed instruction that is generic - ie, turn off amp, proceed with caution on changing SRs initially, document problems and report them…

Excellent idea!

The PDF could easily be included in the zip file.

I agree with the approach Elk describes