Firmware 2.4.1

I saw a post for firmware 2.4.1 this morning and actually downloaded it plus release notes but now that thread is gone… Is this firmware usable? I know I can go back but I don’t understand why that thread and link would be taken down.

Victor

Reports of potentially objectionable noises and inconveniences.

Thank you… good to know. I’ll take a pass…

Victor

No problem.

Thanks for understanding.

Often “unknown” bugs show up when more “variables” are added to the equation.

THIS is WHY we have a BETA test group and SHOULD always follow our own protocol.

There are DC clicks when switching between inputs - it’s quite dangerous to speakers …

How can you tell that they are DC?

Be good to know.

Hi, Gordon.

How, in your opinion, looks digital clicks and pops on the graph ?

valer_valer said: There are DC clicks when switching between inputs

This is incredibly unlikely.

valer_valer said: How, in your opinion, looks digital clicks and pops on the graph ?

A waveform containing pops/clicks shows AC with a rapid rise/fall time. This is not DC.

A waveform containing pops/clicks shows AC with a rapid rise/fall time. This is not DC.

I think it's a matter of definition, but maybe you're right, I suggest to ignore the word "DC" ...

Very fair; a loud high-frequency pop can damage a tweeter.

Firmware 2.4.1 updated on my PWD. everything is working and running smooth and fine.

one point i would like ask and feel strange. all album covers from JRiver are unable to show up on PWD.

ellen_ng said: Firmware 2.4.1 updated on my PWD. everything is working and running smooth and fine.

Excellent!

ellen_ng said: all album covers from JRiver are unable to show up on PWD.

Is this a new problem with 2.4.1?

@ellen_ng

Bridge firmware version 2.14b should fix that.

http://www.psaudio.com/vanilla/discussion/4526/new-bridge-firmware-0.2.14b#Item_1

Are you familiar with how to load it?

my bridge firmware version is 2.1.4b …

OK

Turn EVERYTHING off [ including router, switches, PWD storage, ALL. [unplug PWD]

Go to sleep.

When you wake up turn EVERYTHING back on beginning with the router and ending with PWD.

Ming Bhai?

FWIW, I also have never seen an album cover when using Jriver with the bridge (2.1.4b). No big deal as I prefer to use USB for gapless and other timing issues and the SQ really is superb…

Victor

It works on mine.

Firmware 2.4.1 updated on my PWD. everything is working and running smooth and fine.

one point i would like ask and feel strange. all album covers from JRiver are unable to show up on PWD.

Hi, ellen,
You are not using Wavestream by any chance?

Gordon,

Please tell me about your magic… It would be nice to see it work… I am all hard wired with multiple switches but it really all should work - and does for audio. How hard can it be to see the Album cover?

Victor

I decided to install 2.4.1. I was pleasantly surprised… SQ is about the same, I doubt I would ever be able to hear the difference between firmwares unless there was something radical. There is a slight - very slight - clicking sound with USB when switching between sample rates in Jriver - was never there with 2.2.0. Bridge works fine and Coax is quiet… really quiet!! I used to hear all sorts of noise between sample changes and now its just quiet and the next song plays. This is all done while I change from one song to another in Jriver (in the middle of a song) from one sample rate to another. So… hats off to the engineers for getting to this point. If things change I will post…

Victor