PWD Bridge II Fix

Is this PWD 2.9.3 update the same that appeared as Bridge II Fix a couple of weeks ago or does it have any additional change?

I already updated the Bridge II fix and allthough that solved my issue of noise playing 176 and 192 files, it didn´t solved my issue of a click or pop when I switch between bitrates playing on native or native x.

It’s the same as the Bridge fix, they just asked that it be renamed.

Thank you very much for your prompt answer Paul.

Is the issue that I mention (the clicks or pops when changing between different resolution files) planned to be solved? I am not sure if that can damage my speakers

Is PWD 2.9.3 essential for running 178 and 192 Hz file on PWD II with Bridge II without SQ/noise problems? I’m considering purchasing Bridge. I have two relatively inexpensive DLNA renderers that were plug and play–no problems during setup-when using JRMC as controller and file manager. I assumed same scenario would also apply to the Bridge II.

Fmaspero said Thank you very much for your prompt answer Paul.

Is the issue that I mention (the clicks or pops when changing between different resolution files) planned to be solved? I am not sure if that can damage my speakers

I have never heard of it being a problem with speakers. No further work is being done on PWD except to make it compatible with Bridge II. Make sure you’re using the latest firmware in your PWD as we did a lot of work to smooth everything out in the past.

Is PWD 2.9.3 necessary for running 178 and 192 Hz files on PWD II with Bridge II. IOW, is Bridge II incompatible with PWD without 2.9.3?

It doesn’t seem 2.9.3 is necessary to stream 192 Hz files (haven’t tried 178). I am running PWD 2.4.6 firmware with the Bridge II without issue with any resolution, including 192 Hz in Native X mode. I’m not certain what firmware came on the BII, but I have not updated since I purchased it during the initial pre order release. If bugs rear their ugly heads, I’ll update the bridge to 2.9.3 but right now everything is stable and sounding great. I do get the pops described above when changing resolutions but this doesn’t concern me and don’t feel it is significant enough to damage the speakers by any means.

speeddeacon said It doesn't seem 2.9.3 is necessary to stream 192 Hz files (haven't tried 178). I am running PWD 2.4.6 firmware with the Bridge II without issue with any resolution, including 192 Hz in Native X mode. I'm not certain what firmware came on the BII, but I have not updated since I purchased it during the initial pre order release. If bugs rear their ugly heads, I'll update the bridge to 2.9.3 but right now everything is stable and sounding great. I do get the pops described above when changing resolutions but this doesn't concern me and don't feel it is significant enough to damage the speakers by any means.
Thanks. I'm going to get the BII . I'm also running PWD 2.4.6 and have a few 192 Hz albums, which are excellent. Pops when changing resolutions are no bother either.

I believed that at least 2.9.1 was necessary for using Bridge II since it was supplied with.

But according to you 2.4.6 works as well.

So it is maybe the solution for having the last used input selected at reboot and the volume slider working in the right direction.

Do you confirm these 2 features are working well with 2.4.6?

Thanks.

Pierre.

Yes 2.9.3 fixes an issue with bridgeII that caused problems at higher sample rates.

2.9.1 or greater is required for BridgeII.

Dennis

Perhaps we are getting lost in nomenclature and Dennis can clear it up. There used to be separate DAC and Bridge firmware, i.e. 2.4.6 DAC and 2.15 Bridge. I believe 2.9.1 is the Bridge firmware that shipped with the BII as opposed to 2.15. Since the web access is lost with BII I haven’t personally checked to see what my firmware settings are since I installed it. I thought I was running 2.4.6 DAC and 2.9.1 Bridge but I certainly could be mistaken. Has there been a change Dennis, is there only one firmware now?

No there is seperate firmware for the bridge and DAC.

Bridge I 0.2.15

Bridge II 1.2.3

PWD 2.9.3

2.9.3 included a fix for the Bridge II hardware.

Dennis

Thank you Dennis. I keep 2.9.3 for PWD.

But what about Bridge 1.2.3? Mine is 1.2.1, how can I make the update? The green button does not display an update availability.

Pierre.

Your BridgeII needs to be connected to the internet to be able to get an update. if using a Static IP the gateway and DNS need to be set correctly.

1.2.3 is only a minor update that only fixed 1 issue. There will be an update soon that integrates Deezer and vTuner. I would wait for that. We are still working out minor issues with the new release.

Dennis

OK. Thank you Dennis.

My Bridge is connected to the internet, I will check the DNS setting and wait the new update.

Pierre.

Paul,

My bridge 2 will not connect to my windows 11 PC. I’ve tried removing and reinstalling the card, power cycling the unit, turning off all virus protection, the bridge fix software, etc. Nothing works. The bridge itself seems fine, all lights both front and back indicate it’s functional. It just doesn’t connect to the windows network. I’ve sent 2 emails to support and filled out the online support request twice and received zero response so far. For me this $6k unit is useless without the bridge. Please help.

Wondering why this is in the Humor section! :thinking: :rofl:

confused5

Unless I am missing something - highly possible - this post is where it should be.

@mscottring I suggest emailing @jamesh directly. He will put you in touch with the proper people.

Or, pick up the phone.

Customer service:

1-800-PSAUDIO (US Callers)

+1-720-406-8946 (International Callers)