PWD II with Bridge II incorrect work after restart

Some time ago, I discovered a problem with my PWD II with Bridge II.

Every time after PWD power off and on (I mean full restart via button at the back) and start to play music, I found that:

1. Cover art doesn’t appear at PWD screen
  2. There is no correct sample rate at PWD screen (always display 16bit 44,1kHz regardless of real source sample rate)
  3. No timing position inside the track displaying at PWD screen.
The ONLY solution of these bugs is to disconnect LAN cable from the Bridge and re-connect it again. Updating or downgrading PWD firmware doesn’t any effect. Only re-connecting LAN cable can solve it. It needs to say that it is not the problem with LAN socket in the Bridge because I have the same result when disconnecting and re-connecting cable at router side.

However, the situation solved only until next restart of PWD. I don’t like the idea to disconnect and re-connect Bridge every time when power on PWD. I tried to reset my NetGear GS108Tv2 switch and ASUS RT-AC87R router, I tried to connect PWD directly to router (bypassing switch) but without success solution.

PWD firmware 2.9.7, Bridge II firmware 1.2.3, server Jriver 21.0.83

Maybe I need to update Bridge II firmware, but I don’t know to what version. Any other ideas?

dvoretsa said Some time ago, I discovered a problem with my PWD II with Bridge II.

Every time after PWD power off and on (I mean full restart via button at the back) and start to play music, I found that:

1. Cover art doesn’t appear at PWD screen
  1. There is no correct sample rate at PWD screen (always display 16bit 44,1kHz regardless of real source sample rate)
  1. No timing position inside the track displaying at PWD screen.

The ONLY solution of these bugs is to disconnect LAN cable from the Bridge and re-connect it again. Updating or downgrading PWD firmware doesn’t any effect. Only re-connecting LAN cable can solve it. It needs to say that it is not the problem with LAN socket in the Bridge because I have the same result when disconnecting and re-connecting cable at router side.

However, the situation solved only until next restart of PWD. I don’t like the idea to disconnect and re-connect Bridge every time when power on PWD. I tried to reset my NetGear GS108Tv2 switch and ASUS RT-AC87R router, I tried to connect PWD directly to router (bypassing switch) but without success solution.

PWD firmware 2.9.7, Bridge II firmware 1.2.3, server Jriver 21.0.83

Maybe I need to update Bridge II firmware, but I don’t know to what version. Any other ideas?

This sounds like a bridge issue. 1.2.3 should be stable, but it sounds like there is a connection issue. It might be a hardware issue on your bridge.

Dennis