PWD update 3.03 availible

Fitzroyalty said

Just a heads up for the programmers. Having updated my PWD Mk2 and Bridge 2 I’m still not getting cover art come up

sometimes. Also a ‘CRC error 73’ is sometimes where the bit rate and frequency are normally displayed.

Not that often, and it certainly doesn’t detract from the excellent sound!

Do you have the SD-Card inserted?

Dennis

Yes, the card’s inserted. Running Tidal/Roon off a mac.

It’s only happening 10-20% of the time and the streaming is working perfectly.

Similar issue here - sporadic cover art not showing up.

I played an album where the cover art did not show up.

Pulled the SD Card and checked it for the CoverArt.bmp file.

It was there and had the correct image.

The size of the bmp was 51k.

@Dennis

Is this PWD update necessary for the Bridge-update make MQA available? I’m waiting for the Roon-MQA bridge update, but can’t update my PWD anymore as the SD-card slot is broken.

Won’t be holding my breath if the PWD update is required.

Tnx!

frankverhoeven said

@Dennis

Is this PWD update necessary for the Bridge-update make MQA available? I’m waiting for the Roon-MQA bridge update, but can’t update my PWD anymore as the SD-card slot is broken.

Won’t be holding my breath if the PWD update is required.

Tnx!

Yes it is to get the full functionality. If you don’t do the update you will not know when MQA is being unfolded.

Dennis

Dennis Kerrisk :

Hi Dennis, excellent job done with 3.03 firmware! I returned from newer firmwares to 2.2.0 to find it the best SQ for my system.

Now I tried 3.03 and it is perfect, for the first time I can use NativeX and Auto setting.

“Some bug fixes with cover art and the bridge display page. MQA/Tidal support. And thats about it.” Does not it need too much to change

SQ so much!wink

3.03 sounds different to me from 2.9.7. 3.03 has a much more solid presentation, more emphasis on bass and midrange. It also has significantly less high frequency tizz (much less emphasis on vocal sibilance) but also less air around performers and instruments. 3.03 truncates trailing edge decay. I went back and forth a few times because I was not sure which presentation I preferred. Ideally, I would like the bass/midrange of 3.03 and the decay and air of 2.9.7 but with the vocal sibulence handling of 3.03! Also my screen looks brighter and cleaner with 3.03? Interesting since the description of the changes between the firmware would not seem to suggest any real audible differences should exist.

I tried installing this version in my PWD MK1 with Bridge II, but it didn’t work.The PSAudio logo kept on flashing forever. After a while, I switched it of, put the firmware I got with the BridgeII on the SD card again, and that installed without a problem. Any ideas what might be wrong?

Michael said

I tried installing this version in my PWD MK1 with Bridge II, but it didn’t work.The PSAudio logo kept on flashing forever. After a while, I switched it of, put the firmware I got with the BridgeII on the SD card again, and that installed without a problem. Any ideas what might be wrong?

e-mail me at dennis@psaudio.com and I try to get you fixed up.

Dennis

My PDW Mkii PS logo also kept on flashing forever when updating 3.0.3.

After kind support from Dennis, my PWD updated to 3.0.3 but the DAC could not recognize the bridge. I downgraded 2.9.7 (I use 2.9.7 for long time without any issue), the brdige still disappear in DAC as well as via the web browser.

I found one more problem when playing USB. I lose the USB connection with computer if I don’t have SD card in its slot (empty SD also ok).

I understand that SD card can be removed after firmware update completed. I tried firmware 2.2.0 & 2.9.7, USB connection still can be used perfectly once SD card is removed. Anyone else having this issue?

Please advise me if any!

Quick question about the new bridge II with MQA capability. I just updated from no bridge to the brand spanking new version II with MQA. I dowloaded the MControl app, got my Masters up and running everything seems great, sounds excellent. My question. Is there a light or any indication on the PWD that lets you know MQA is active?

Mike

Michael Cottle said

Quick question about the new bridge II with MQA capability. I just updated from no bridge to the brand spanking new version II with MQA. I dowloaded the MControl app, got my Masters up and running everything seems great, sounds excellent. My question. Is there a light or any indication on the PWD that lets you know MQA is active?

Mike

If you are running PWD code 3.03 and Bridge Code 3.3.3, the PWD will show when you are playing MQA.

Dennis

Dennis Kerrisk said

If you are running PWD code 3.03 and Bridge Code 3.3.3, the PWD will show when you are playing MQA.

Dennis

Show how? Will it say MQA?

Michael Cottle said

Show how? Will it say MQA?

Yes it will.

Dennis

I’m not getting anything on my PWD that’s says MQA. This is what I do get. I was just playing Mark Knopfler, my MControl says MQA 24bit 88.2. but on the PWD it just says 88.2K 24bit Unk next to it.

Dennis Kerrisk said

Yes it will.

Dennis

Michael Cottle said

I’m not getting anything on my PWD that’s says MQA. This is what I do get. I was just playing Mark Knopfler, my MControl says MQA 24bit 88.2. but on the PWD it just says 88.2K 24bit Unk next to it.

It sounds like you don't have the latest version of PWD code loaded.

Dennis

Dennis Kerrisk said

It sounds like you don’t have the latest version of PWD code loaded.

Dennis

That was it. Thanks for your help

lmcuong4u said

[…]
After kind support from Dennis, my PWD updated to 3.0.3 but the DAC could not recognize the bridge. I downgraded 2.9.7 (I use 2.9.7 for long time without any issue), the brdige still disappear in DAC as well as via the web browser.
[…]

Hi,

Have you found the solution for this problem? I have the same issue, after an update to 3.0.3 my PWD can’t see the Bridge…

Help please!

Thanks,

P

Petereke said

Hi,

Have you found the solution for this problem? I have the same issue, after an update to 3.0.3 my PWD can’t see the Bridge…

Help please!

Thanks,

P

Hello Petereke,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this. That your Bridge I is no longer available as an input is not a good sign. We recommend reaching out to us at service@psaudio.com and providing your serial number and shipping address. We’ll help get your system back up and running again.

Thanks,

• Jeremy
splmcuong4u said

My PDW Mkii PS logo also kept on flashing forever when updating 3.0.3.
I found one more problem when playing USB. I lose the USB connection with computer if I don’t have SD card in its slot (empty SD also ok).
I understand that SD card can be removed after firmware update completed. I tried firmware 2.2.0 & 2.9.7, USB connection still can be used perfectly once SD card is removed. Anyone else having this issue?
Please advise me if any!

I have the same issue regarding the update to version 3.0.3 on my PWD MK II (PS Audio Logo flashing forever, bur not update). I emailed Dennis about it two weeks ago, but received zero response. Very disappointing service by PS Audio … Could you post a hint, what solved the issue for you?

Regarding the USB connection, it’s the same with my device. USB connection only works if an SD Card is inserted to the PWD. For me, it has always been this way, regardless of firmware version, so i didn’t consider it an issue so far.

Regards,

Roland