PWT good for now?

With purple fuses everywhere and a Dragon HDMI cable between PST and DSD and with a Wel Signature AES/EBU cable between Auralic Aries G2.1 streamer and DSD I find the sound between my transport and my streamer very close. The transport does sound a little better but then again it is only 2 days old. It will probably far exceed the streamer when it has a few hundred hours play on it.

My player works perfectly also. It’s sounding better and better and it is only 2 days old. It should sound much better after a couple of hundred hours play. I am not letting it spin unless I am listening. It sounds good and I am not in a hurry.

So you bought a brand new PST? I assume you know that the SR fuses are directional?

Yes I know. I believe I have the correct fuse direction. The sound is good already.

That’s the way, why put extra wear on the transport for no enjoyment plus it’s nice to hear the changes during breakin.

I tend to forget the player is still only 3 days old and I may 2nd guess the fuse direction but then the player may kick in and sound scary good.

I broke in my PST by putting in a file and running it on repeat for four straight days. After four days there was not much more improvement.
The problem with changing everything at once is you don’t know what is doing what, but the cumulative effect can be quite startling.

What ever I did I did it right as the sound is spectacular. It’s like I upgraded everything which in a sense I have. I researched the fuse direction of other people’s experience’s and I got lucky as it is a huge pain in the ass changing the fuses in my Pass amp and preamp. I also took my tuner out of the system which improved the sound. The tuner adds a lot of RF noise to the system even when the tuner is off.

You just paid $1505 more than you needed to. Mine is still up for grabs.

I am enjoying my new PST. It has approximately 90 hours play on it and it sounds good. How many hours play is required for full burn in on these players? I am using it as I listen and am not running it alone when I’m not listening just to burn in the player. I will burn it in slowly as I listen. The sound is good but sometimes the sound is better than other. I as well have new purple fuses which are burning in all of my components. The purple fuses are a nice upgrade but we’re $1000 for 6 fuses with the discount I was given. The sound seems to see saw up and down and I figure it should settle down with further play. My system never sound better. I don’t know what I would upgrade next. My signal and speaker cables are nice but still there is always room to move. I would love top of the line Cardas cables everywhere with Audioquest Dragon power cables but that type of cabling would cost as much as my entire system’s components. I love my system and I use it all the time. I substituted marijuana with music. I have not had a smoke or a gummy in 7 months.

As nice as the PWT is the PST is an obvious improvement especially with the purple fuse.

1 Like

My PST is still improving slightly with around 400 hours on it my PWT was the same, but like you I done the listen burn in rather than a mute type, I recently purchased 4 voodoo isopods that fixed an annoying problem for me

Ah, those IsoPods–I really like what they do.

At least they do what their maker says they are supposed to do, unlike the two previous products I had under my PST

1 Like

I could not be happier with my PST. It is sounding excellent with around 350 hours. The player has worked without flaw since it has been in my system. Although better than the PWT the PWT is a good transport on its own. Still after 8 1/2 years the PST was a logical upgrade. It is a better sounding player.

1 Like