PWT vs PST

Does anyone have experience between these two players side by side. How do they compare sonically? Next to my Hales T5 speakers my PWT is my oldest component. It is working flawlessly for the past 10 years but after all of the other upgrades I have done my transport is my next logical upgrade.

1 Like

I find PST significantly better than PWT ll

1 Like

In your opinion.

PWT was my first ever PSA component and the product that made me a complete PSA fan. Now I have 6 PSA components, and the PWT is the only one I don’t still own as I’d upgraded to the DMP, which is in a separate system now, and finally the PST. Always loved the PWT, but I thought the DMP was a sound quality improvement, and the degree of improvement with the PST is even much more noticeable to me. imho! A very happy camper with the PST!

3 Likes

of course my opinion only, that’s why I stated “I find” …I also, in my opinion, agree with tuladct, in that I found the DMP better than the PWT ll and the PST better than the DMP…of course my opinion, in my system…

6 Likes

Agreed! I was a beta tester and purchaser for the DMP. At the time I was floored by the sound quality of the DMP. At the time I never heard a transport with such resolution and musicality before. Playing single layer Japanese SACD’s, it sounded even better than my Aurender N10 playing hi rez files at the time. The PST took it to another level, even more resolution and musicality than my DMP. I could not be more happier with the performance of my PST. Even CD’s sounds amazing!

3 Likes