Query on Roon configuration - DSD to PCM

a1e1750f-4988-4ead-8803-9e02bde10d55.png

(Above is a sample image from RoonLabs website)

I’ve just purchase Bridge II card to my DirectStream DAC. Would like to find out what is the recommended setting for DirectStream DAC?

Currently I’ve set it to no filter and no Gain Boost. Would like to find out if this is recommended ?

I would assume that is setting is only valid in the situation when the material DSD is above DOP64. Roon will need to convert this material to PCM before streaming over to PS Audio DirectStream DAC (Bridge II)

I’m not a Roon user (yet) but Bridge II will only handle single rate DSD, which looks like PCM at 176.4/24. Double rate DSD would need to be packaged to look likie 252.8/24 PCM and B II is limited to 192/24 so B II can’t handle DSD128 even if converted to PCM unless Roon converts it to 176/24 PCM or lower (effectively down-sampling it). My guess is these settings are for having Roon convert all DSD to PCM.

From what I understand, Roon will down sample anything that is above DSD64.

This is where the DSD->PCM configuration comes into play. Want to ask if it make sense of turn off the filtering since it is already being done at the DAC side.

It is not in this Roon window you select the transcoding.

Frode said It is not in this Roon window you select the transcoding.
Is there a place to turn on/off transcoding?

The current menu that I’ve shown is just to decide what type of filter to apply on

tkiat said
Frode said It is not in this Roon window you select the transcoding.

Is there a place to turn on/off transcoding?

The current menu that I’ve shown is just to decide what type of filter to apply on

When I arrive at home I will send you a screenshot.

Say Dear Frode - Could you kindly send that screenshot for everyone to view. I am in the same predicament. Thanks

Here it is:

image-7.png

Muchas gracias

I hope you have a similar setup for your Roon server/core.

Frode said I hope you have a similar setup for your Roon server/core.
@Frode can't seems to find it.

Is it access via the play menu at the bottom

From Roon iPad control point: You need to push the Audio Setup via the Main menu, then the cogwheel next to Zone, then Settings from the pop-up menu and finally Playback to access it. The RAAT configuration options could be driver-related, though.