Recent absence

Glad you’re okay, Craig. Heal quickly.

Wishing you well, and a speedy recovery. Should you need anything just ask.

While my situation is not as serious as your, I do understand the limited mobility aspect. I blew my knee out last January which curtailed Spinning records. Removing the cover from my VPI Prime was a no go. Between my vertigo and bad knee the likely hood of destroying the turntable was likely. Fortunately I have an accessible digital streaming system that I git by on. I have since come around to the advantages of stream. I have not lost my mind though as I continue to prefer vinyl playback.
Cds still figure into the listening experience, but as they are stored in the basement, some 4,000, access was limited as well.

I am not looking forward to my upcoming knee surgery, torn meniscus. Hope to make Axpona 2024, as long as I have a quick recovery. I can imagine a good six weeks with no vinyl playback.

4 Likes

See, this is why we need well-trained technical butlers!

1 Like

Momentarily shocked to hear that.
I wish you a speedy recovery.
That you can enjoy audio again soon.

Godspeed!

Heart and ulcers all fixed. You should be good for another 65 years!

5 Likes

Craig, sorry to hear of your health issues. Most of us are getting to the age where the probability of illness is a little too close to reality. I’m not sure if my memory is correct (quite often it’s not) but didn’t you retire recently? Hopefully that gives you a more relaxed atmosphere to recover and enjoy the nicer things in life (music!). Too bad your listening room is in the basement, I’m in the same listening room situation and can feel your pain in not getting down there. Get well!

Thanks for letting us know Craig. All the best for a speedy return of quality time in the PLP!

Glad to hear you are on the mend. All best wishes Craig!

Hi Craig, thanks for sharing. Let me wish you a very speed recovery, hope you’ll be able to come back to your normal routine soon. Your system is waiting for you and here on the forum we are happy to waste our time together with you chatting about futile audiophile things!

So far each day has been a tiny step closer to feeling “normal.”

Criag, those ‘tiny steps’ will add up quickly…
Best wishes on a speedy recovery and to many hours of listening pleasure.

Mark

Craig…May the Lord grant you a full and speedy recovery in your time of need.
Best to you and yours!

I’m so happy things are on the mend, and best wishes for a speedy recovery from here on out.

Hang in there and good luck with cardiac rehab therapy My dad has38 years on his quadruple bypass surgery. Hope you get more time in your music room for even better therapy.

Craig, wishing you a speedy and compete recovery. Heck of a way to start your retirement!

Blessings and a speedy recovery.

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Jethro Tull albums await!

Perhaps this is an opportunity/excuse to move the Big Rig upstairs (with a little help)?

:wink:

1 Like

Thanks so much, everybody, for your good thoughts and well wishes. I appreciate them very much. This is such a great community.

Things are going well. The doctors all told me my heart is exceptionally strong, and there’s been no pain worth mentioning. It’s just that I have no cardiovascular conditioning, or didn’t when I came home anyway. Walking from the car into the house exhausted me. But as I work to rebuild that (and my hemoglobin levels), each day I feel just a little closer to normal, which I’m recognizing is a pretty glorious sensation.

Formal cardiac rehab started last week, and it’s already going very well, and I’ve had followup consults with my primary and my cardiologist, and I see the surgeon this week for the first time since the operation. Then more doctor visits, including a followup with the gastroenterologist. Rehab sessions will continue at 3 per week for the immediate future.

In the meantime, I managed to get to the listening room today and spent some quality time with Mozart, Brahms, Death Cab for Cutie, and Guster. Looking forward to more. Very restorative. And I’m appreciative of all that PSA brings to that equation. All things considered, I realize I’m a very lucky guy.

26 Likes

:+1: keep up the good work