Recent absence

My participation here since the holidays as been curtailed pretty radically of late, and I wanted to let you know why. We’ve had a bit of a life-altering event. Just before Christmas I learned that I needed open-heart surgery to correct some severe blockages I wasn’t even aware of. So on Jan. 4 I had a quadruple bypass, and I’ve been recovering, mostly at home, ever since.

I say “mostly at home” because things were going very well here, when, one week after discharge, I started having severe light-headedness, which culminated in passing out, flat on the floor, and an ambulance ride back to the hospital, where they discovered a couple of bleeding ulcers. An upper GI endoscopy and cauterization (and three units of blood) later, I’m home again and gradually improving, working not just on gentle conditioning, but also doing what I can to rebuild hemoglobin levels. As it happens, cardiac rehab starts later this morning.

Unfortunately, because the listening room is in the basement, I’ve only spent a few minutes with music during this time. I hope to change that in the coming days as I get stronger and I can manage the stairs without feeling like I’ve just run a hundred-yard dash. So far each day has been a tiny step closer to feeling “normal.”

Anyway, I miss the community, and wanted to let you all know what’s going on here.

37 Likes

We thought you were on vacation, but not that kind of vacation!
Get well and keep all of us posted on your return to health.

Hang in there! We’re all pulling for you!

My friend had the quadruple heart surgery a few years back also. It took him one year to fully recover and he is back on the golf course playing better!

Take a good care of yourself from now on, soon you will be able to enjoy your system again.

Yikes! It’s good to hear you’re on the mend, Craig. Hopefully it will be a nice easy bit of progress from here out. My dad had a triple bypass years ago. It is definitely a life changing event. Focus on getting better and the sound room will be there when you’re ready! :+1:

My gosh Craig, keep on the program and keep us posted.

sit back, be well

Recover quickly and well, Sir.

You “need more cowbell” in your life though - not less. :wink:

Cheers.

Quite a story. Yike.

Heal quickly!

You’ll see that sooner or later your strength will return, for the moment I can make you laugh. :slightly_smiling_face:

Good luck and I hope you will be able to access your listening room very soon. :wink:

2 Likes

So sorry to hear this Craig. Here’s wishing you a very speedy recovery and lots of healing listening time soon!

1 Like

Wow, Craig! Recover quickly. And soon you’ll be working your way downstairs and enjoying the health benefits of music!

1 Like

Craig, so nice to hear from you and of your recovery. Sending best wishes for you and your speedy recovery.
Chas

Hope your recovery goes well!

Good luck with your recovery. You can always move to the basement.

3 Likes

Craig…

God Bless you with speedy recovery!!

Best wishes

Good to hear you are on the mend, my wife (LPHuntress) had triple by-pass last year and still worries about it, but she is doing fine.

1 Like

Your system will sound even better after your long absence. Just another reason to recover faster.

You got this!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. You got this!

-JP