Recommendation For CD Storage

Very nice but I need to buy something

1 Like

Well I did finally find something on Mapleshade but thks again for the replies

1 Like

Super nice Craig. That is a fantastic bit of work.

I believe they do. I got mine from them about 2 years ago.

Thanks. While it wasn’t my first woodworking project (that was a silverware drawer organizing tray), it was the reason I started. The joinery on the first drawers I tackled looks a lot different from the joinery on the 28th one. :wink:

2 Likes

This is exactly why long ago I started using Rev-a-Shelf drawers in cabinet builds. I can do them, and had a router jig for dovetails, but realized after a while my time was better spent elsewhere.

For those of you that haven’t been to this site, it’s a serious rabbit hole, but it is interesting:

https://www.rev-a-shelf.com/all-products?cat=25&primary_keyword=220929

2 Likes

This is what I got and love it.

1 Like

Pretty nice and reasonable cost

Probably a worse joke, my CDs are stored here:

4 Likes

I like these! I am using the case with 400 CDs. But you cannot really put in 400, it will break if you try to use the zipper to close.

For a man cave this is great. My wife shares the music room so there is NO chance this will ever happen. I use cheap Amazon 400 CD case to hide them out of her sight. Except the ones she likes, those I will keep them on the shelf.

2 Likes

Looks like you are running a little low on copy paper.

:wink:

Have owned a rotating storage rack similar to the Timbernation above. Loved it while I had it (before I ripped all my CDs and dispensed with the discs). A very floor space efficient way to store a lot of CDs.

Quite the opposite. I used to get through tonnes of it. Now all my business records are online, I last ordered paper 3 years ago and that lot might last another 3 years. In the old days that might last me a week.

Exceptions are the rule, for her. Marriage is a compromise after all. You can’t imagine my room’s approval how many compromises required - is requiring- will require for the rest of my life, even beyond that if possible. A few Amazon boxes where storing some CDs is not so difficult to accept when the counterpart is an Omega and a full loom of Dragons. Enjoy!

2 Likes

She did let me getting away many things on this audio obsession :joy:

1 Like

Might be too late for the OP, but in another thread on the Exogal company I noticed in a linked story there was an advertisement for CD storage here. This design is a copy of the Per Madsen RackIt system which used to be advertised in a lot of the audio magazines many years ago. Posting for anyone else looking for something like this.

A non audiophile friend’s storage solution.

11 Likes

If he is not an audiophile he is a music lover! I am envious of music lovers who are not audiophiles!

3 Likes

I am not sure which forum member suggested these, but they are great. Save alot of space and weight. I use with the inner CD sleeve also.