Rocky Mountain High

David said: as well as the creation of expectations that prove hard to fulfil (I liked Alekz's remark that 'another name for "any day now" is Christmas' in another thread....pretty funny).

I absolutely agree and Alekz's quote was not only funny but appropriate.
The, soon coming announcement, is hopefully a "quote changer" and of this I am extremely hopeful.
Yes, the PSA elves have been busy and , as Paul posted, some of the software is still a work in progress at 3rd parties so out of their control.
A product within their control and that raises the SQ bar substantially would be a wonderful way to launch 2014 even if full production takes another few months to ship.
My fingers are crossed that all goes as planned and it creates a lot of very happy campers.
I'm fully prepared for the flack if it doesn't.
Your support and that of the entire Beta team is immeasurably appreciated by Paul and his crew.
Trying to keep the FUN in FUNNY,
G

Well, great. We’ll see it when we see it; hear it when we hear it.

My lips are sealed. I ain’t sayin’ nothing.

Although, for the right amount of McCallan 18 I will dance with Elk. #-o

Somehow, I knew you would.

For improved SQ, I might too.

No kissing, though. :smiley:

shame I won’t be able to enjoy the party, the greater than P-10 price tag will put that beyond financial reach in NZ costing in excess of 10,000 kiwi dollars. Very interested though what could it be

Lots of superlatives here, but this is what I walked away with after a great afternoon. My best memory from this trip will be of Paul, himself. He is every bit as personable and engaging as you would expect from his writing and videos. We talked about things aside from audio, probably more than audio itself, and I was truly surprised by and appreciative of the amount of time that he put aside to spend with me, which made it a perfect day in a great Colorado trip.

Thanks, Paul.

Paul is the best there is, a true gentleman and someone I trust beyond all else. They don't come any better. Period.

Odd
It's actually just a little more than a P10. 8->

Without knowing what it is we have no way of knowing whether the device is worth the cost. While PSA equipment generally is quite fairly priced, that price point is more than I would have characterized (that means you G) as "a little bit of dough" or "a few Shekels". After all, the P10 is currently the most expensive thing PSA sells. I'm certainly curious as to what it is but that's a lot of money for me at this point. I hope we don't have to wait long to hear more. If we do, G, and you happen to look out your window and see a bunch of people congregating with torches and pitchforks, you might want to head out the back door tout suite.
>:)

@stevem2

BBQ guests are always welcome. BYOB and CDs.

Well, let’s just say that knowing PSA they have put a lot of thought not only into achieving what they have created but also to enable their loyal fans to stay on the train.

I would not count anyone out just yet. And yes, I too hope the cat get’s “out of the bag” sooner rather than later. So far I have received more bribe offers than threats. Never the less, I hope all remains on schedule and any lynch party becomes a Sound Fest.

[-O< [-O< he

Just started reading this thread this morning. I follow Paul’s posts and as this is ‘announcing the future’ I think this is going to be a product that covers what was in one of his recent posts and the one I am thinking of was the difference between listening to a recorded sound and listening to music live, it’s just not the same. If PS Audio have come up with a way to re-create a live sound listening to recorded music then this would be something new, not offered by anyone else and would be a ground breaking product.

I don’t know what it is, but please just take my money and hand it over.

PS - we can live without 48 slightly different versions of the firmware this time!

Pauls new, patented speaker?

frode said: In this case it needs to do double-dsd, IMO.

I am certain any DSD product would include double rate DSD for buzzword compliance.

Hehe, I am with you on this one, elk

BTW,

I am looking for items to be sold by wglenn in the ‘Buy and Sell Equipment’ discussion.

Then we know… :wink:

Yeah, the price tag discourages big time. Multiply it by 1.5 to get the EU price. 8-10K€? Sorry, I’m not in. This price range is for a very good pre-amp, amp, speakers or completely new DAC. As far as we know, the amp is back to the drawing board. Pre-amp alone without a matching amp is a nonsense.

A completely new DAC with built-in network connection? The keywords here may be “you can take a part of it”. Then it can be a modular DAC, partly compatible with PWD. Or a multibox DAC: new DAC, external power supply, external network server connected via I2S.

If the new DAC is not compatible with the old one, or in other words, the PWDm2 is not upgradable anymore, then you need to buy a completely new unit plus the network server (or new v2 Bridge), what makes it quite expensive. Also that would drop the price for used PWDs even more, so the ROI is going to be too low.

@oddeophile Garsh. Thanks Odd.

ALEKZ

Maybe it does “come in a bag”?

Looks like PSA is committed to a count down to March 1st. That’s a good sign.

Now, if only Fed-X would get here with my bag! arrrg.

:-w

Gordon said: Do you really feel that everything is about you?

Of course not. Praise Buddha.

But if not me, please specifically identify the forum member(s) to which your repeated and continuing negative comments are directed. >:)

I am certain they would appreciate knowing. It would also free me from responding.

On a more positive note, thank you for agreeing to stop making demeaning, patronizing and other inappropriate comments. Excellent!

David said: If there is news about new products, let's hear it. I don't really care too much for the tantalizing tidbit approach, because I don't see the upside of it . . .

=D>

And, unfortunately, there are many destructive downsides.
wglenn said: Although, for the right amount of McCallan 18 I will dance with Elk.

"You do not learn to frolic, you release the frolic within."

"You do not learn to frolic, you release the frolic within."

Hepwa!!
Gordon said: Maybe it does "come in a bag"?

Apples, potatoes, bananas? Magic mushrooms? :O

6K$ bananas will definitely damp all nasty resonances and vibrations in your listening room :D