Room for improvement on customer service

Absolutely. There’s no excuse for poor customer service and even if there were it won’t really matter. As a company it’s our job to help our community in any way we can.

With respect to the dealers it’s true that some were really helpful and eased some of our work load. However, the vast majority referred any customer service problems to us anyway.

Still we need to do better.

4 Likes

I love my PSA gear. A lot. And this forum, too. A lot. I feel petty getting all in a lather about a remote, but my wife supports my hi-fi addiction for as long as things work whenever she wants to use them hahahahaha. She’s asked me everyday since Feb 3 when I contacted PSA, “What’s the status of the remote?” That’s 18 days of the same question. :joy:

2 Likes

That may affect the price because of economies of scale, but whether a company makes products individually to order or millions a week, the duties and rights of manufacturer and consumer remain the same.

We have a piece of furniture ordered from a UK company, sourced from Italy, made to order. It’s not that expensive, less than a DSD DAC. It’s big, about 3m long. Many companies would arrange a 3rd party delivery. This company does its own delivery, with its own staff, and unpacks the item in your home. Besides the added customer satisfaction, it is cold, hard risk analysis. PSA is doing exactly this with their speakers. A great decision and hard work for Paul and his crew.

As for scale, let’s say a chemist sitting at home invents a drug that cures a disease. Laws and regulations require that drug to be tested, a process that usually costs millions of dollars. Joe Chemist does not get an exemption because he does not have the same resources as Pfizer.

The same applies to consumable and healthcare products. This became an issue, for example, when there was a plan to reclassify aromatic oils as healthcare products, for which the regulations are much stricter. A big deal as my wife makes them.

In consumer dominated societies it helps that the consumer and manufacturers know their rights and responsibilities, irrespective of the nature or cost of the product.

Laws and regulations tend to set minimum standards. When businesses set higher standards, such as I had with Primare doing a free repair 6 years after the warranty expired, that’s just good marketing. Better is @formatfizikal ‘s parents’ Kelvinator that lasts for generations.

2 Likes

100% correct. And, when I need or want new gear, I’ll remember your story here about how Primare helped you without hesitation. Others here will too. That’s the power of word of mouth advertising. I had the same situation a few years back with a pair of Wharfedale speakers. MusicDirect made the problem right even when they didn’t have to, and I haven’t forgotten that. Since then, I’ve sent more people their way than to any other online hi-fi shop. And in my side hustle at a local record shop, that’s a few people a week. It adds up over time.

I feel out of the loop. Sorry. You need a remote? Email me directly and tell me what you need and I’ll handle it.

4 Likes

Will do. Thanks Paul!

1 Like

Agree 100%, and the flip side is the “never again” and adverse sentiment that spreads so fast by word of mouth and internet.

It’s possibly worse if the unresolved issue relates to a $20 remote control. A $10,000 component may not work at all without the remote, which could be replaced by post in 48 hours. As the header of the thread said, its the frustration that people feel.

2 Likes

I appreciate Paul’s willingness to step in and help. I’ve emailed him directly as he requested.

2 Likes

I see we shipped one out to you on the 10th. Have you not received anything in the mail yet?

2 Likes

The remote shipped out of here on the 10th according to James. However, while we can’t control the speed of delivery, we can send another in a speedier fashion. And will do so.

3 Likes

Nothing. Not even in my USPS monitoring portal.

OK, we’ll have another shipped out tomorrow. Don’t worry about sending one back if the original shows up.

2 Likes

That’s frustrating, you should have it by now. :frowning:

1 Like

Now he will have 3 :slight_smile:

3 Likes

GCD for life!

1 Like

Thanks Paul! I got the FedEx notification so this one is coming for sure. Thanks again!

Thanks to @jamesh too!

Thanks too to @elk for making this a great place to share info, and to sometimes vent.

2 Likes

Update:

1. Finally got the RMA
  2. Looking at the RMA, seems like it is not really necessary for the actual shipment. I do think the information can be given from an automated system.
  3. Sprout is not available locally in my country and only available on PSA website. I’d think it is fair for PSA to cover the shipment for the repair since it is still under warranty. But this could be a strecth.
  4. Or maybe, I can just get the AWB from PSA and cover the cost myself. I am pretty sure you guys have better shipment price.
  5. Updated the original issue as I was a bit frustrated and the words are really not fair.

Thank you Paul and others for sorting this out.

I’m a PS Audio customer since 3 years and have to admit that never found a similar excellent customer service.

What’s the difference? People!

I live on the other side of the world (Italy) and was quite unlucky: 2 times with a BHK Preamp and 2 times with a Stellar Phono Preamp. I have now a full PS Audio system (maybe 50k euros over these months)
Each time I had an issue @jamesh answered me on this forum or by direct email within hours. @Paul has built a relationship with us so strong that I’m always confident and trust in him more than happened in my life with any other manufacturer (hifi and not).

People! Not brand.

I’m not happy if a unit needs to be repaired or has some issue. Of course! When I experienced a defective/fault product I usually abandoned that brand at all. Here I feel that I want to act in a different way. Why? Again, people.

And I’m just saying this during my brand new issue (sobh!) I posted on another thread about a bad board card (again) in my BHK Preamp. May this create some doubts in my future plans about purchasing products from PS Audio? Not at all. Why? Once again: people (and how wonderful their products sound when all is ok).

If a support group is needed to sustain and endorse PS Audio customer service, I would be a proud member… here I am, even if I’m in trouble again with my unit.

Hope that helps new customers to inspire in some way their approach to issues and problems. When something goes wrong, in that moment you really can evaluate people (and companies).

Disclaimer needed: I’m a journalist and owner of a publishing company (real estate area) with no interest in hifi market and in any case related to PSAudio apart from passion.

4 Likes