Roon Module code will be availible on Thursday

Volume Control is 100. Pressing the mute button makes no difference in output.

Thanks Dennis - I now have the update.

For reference, I left the Gateway on my DS set as 0.0.0.0 and needed to update it to match DNS on my router (the IP that shows up as Primary DNS on the DS screen).

Roon found the DS and played right away with no hitch - yay!

RoonDS.png

David said Dennis,

What happens if I want to go back to Yale. Torreys apparently hasn’t been voiced yet, and still has that edgy sound especially on female voices, and even on some male voices that have some higher harmonics. This edginess shows up the most with Roon, and it’s not as noticeable in JRMC21, but it’s still there. Good thing is that Roon to the bridge works fine. Kudos for that. Any idea when the voicing will be done and the final Torreys will be released? This is on the Junior DS, by the way.

You can go back to yale, but Roon might not work correctly or at all, because it needs feedback from the DAC.

Dennis

legaltrouble said Volume Control is 100. Pressing the mute button makes no difference in output.
Can you email me at dennis@psaudio.com

Dennis

IMG_0289.jpgIMG_0288.jpgThank you Dennis et. al. at PS Audio for another great upgrade. My DS Sr was already on Torreys, the Bridge II found the updated and applied it. Some white noise out of the right channel just before reboot to complete the Bridge II update, but other than that plain sailing. I have spotted two issues:

• Artwork does not display on the DS 95% of the time. I have tried playing local albums and from Tidal. I had one album display artwork for about 30 seconds, and since then just the PS sine wave.
  • Volume is adjustable from the DS and from the DS IR remote; in both cases volume adjustments are instantly reflected on the Roon iPad app. However volume adjustments on the Roon iPad app make no difference to the DS volume.

I seemed to have lost volume control from my uPnP control point except for muting it. It does not unmute nor will it let me turn up or down the volume. Any suggestions?

jones said I seemed to have lost volume control from my uPnP control point except for muting it. It does not unmute nor will it let me turn up or down the volume. Any suggestions?
What control point are you using?

Dennis

BubbleUPnP in combination with its server to give me an OpenHome renderer.

Never gave me problems before but now it seems as though the OpenHome renderer the server generates does not have volume control though the direct Bridge one does. Odd. I’m restarting the BubbleUPnP server to see if that does the trick.

Any ideas why this would give issues with the new Bridge code?

Dennis Kerrisk said
jones said I seemed to have lost volume control from my uPnP control point except for muting it. It does not unmute nor will it let me turn up or down the volume. Any suggestions?

What control point are you using?

Dennis

I have no idea.

Dennis

Hmm that will not help solving it - without meaning any negative towards you or your team.

Unfortunately rebooting the server did not help either. I’ll try and contact the author of BubbleUPnP server.

Voisin, do you have an SD card in the DS? In order to display album art you need an SD card inserted (preferably one without the operating system). Otherwise can’t help …

Now I have the Roon/ BridgeII configuration, I was able to remove some items. Been playing Roon via the Bridge for several hours and no issues. Artwork paints well on the screen in the Directstream and control the volume for Roon on my IPAD. Dennis thanks for all the effort.

Clutter-Clean-Up.jpg

pmotz,

I also live in southeast Michigan. South Rockwood in Monroe County. Where are you located?

Hi Dennis, I upgraded the Bridge II firmware on the DS, but not running Roon (yet). It seems cover art is not displaying on DAC, I have the SD card in with no setting changes other than the upgrade.

Same here. Using bubble upnp as control point on Android. No volume control on any of the inputs. Did work perfect before the update. Using DS Senior with Torreys final. Will try another control point and report back.

Regards

Kurt

I’ve been running Roon since this morning on DS DAC with BII. Running Core on a Mac, with Android control point. No issues at all, including Tidal cover art. Works beautifully, volume syncs across core and control point, even when you change the DS volume with an IR remote. Thanks, Dennis!

I’m guessing that cover art might not be showing reliably immediately after the update, as Roon is reformatting the images so DS can display them, since Tidal changed their graphic formats a couple of months ago. It might take a while for the cover images to be re-loaded and re-stored on the DS SD card. Just a guess - I did initially see one fractured cover image and a couple of sine waves, but working well now.

Cover art has reappeared.

kckuepper said Same here. Using bubble upnp as control point on Android. No volume control on any of the inputs. Did work perfect before the update. Using DS Senior with Torreys final. Will try another control point and report back.

Regards

Kurt

Rebooted the DS and now the volume control with bubble upnp works. I also assigned a static ip.

kckuepper said
kckuepper said Same here. Using bubble upnp as control point on Android. No volume control on any of the inputs. Did work perfect before the update. Using DS Senior with Torreys final. Will try another control point and report back.

Regards

Kurt

Rebooted the DS and now the volume control with bubble upnp works. I also assigned a static ip.

Did some more testing. Bubble only controls the volume on bridge II. Switching to another input looses the ability to control the volume also if you go back to the bridge. Resetting the bridge and assigning a static ip cures it but only until you select another input. Behavior is repeatable.

pmotz: I’m in Ann Arbor, moved last year after fifteen years in Silicon Valley. Thank you for the SD card suggestion, I would never have dreamed that the SD card was required to hold a temporary 50k bitmap, but now it works.

I had problems using DHCP after boot the network icon remains red (tens of other devices on the network all use DHCP without issue). So I moved to manual IP configuration and that has solved the problem. I now have volume working properly and artwork displaying.