Roon Module code will be availible on Thursday

Dennis Kerrisk said I will be making BridgeII Roon ready code (Version 2.7.11) available Thursday morning.

To get full functionality please upgrade to Torreys on the DS. On the DS due to a module change after DS Torreys was released, the version will show up as 0.0.0. On the DSjr and PWD it will show up as 2.7.11.

On the DSjr Please upgrade to the Torreys Beta before updating the BridgeII code. http://updates.psaudio.com/dak/DSJR94.zip

If you have issues update the DSjr to Torreys, please email me at dennis@psaudio.com, as I am trying to find the frequency of the issue.

On the PWD please upgrade to 2.9.7 before updating the BridgeII code. http://updates.psaudio.com/dak/PWD2.9.7.zip

If upgrade returns immediately, wait 10 minutes before power cycling!

To upgrade, power Cycle your DAC’s and the update should show up after it boots.

Dennis

Dennis, I’m sure I’m doing something wrong. I have the DSD, upgraded to Torryes final with Bridge II. I tried power cycling a couple of times, but nothing comes up as far as a bridge update is concerned? What else should I do? Thanks

Tim said Dennis,

I have rebooted my DS with BII twice, but still note getting the Bridge update. I am running Torreys final. Anything special I need to do?

Thanks…

Your DAC needs to be able to access the internet. If you are using a Static IP, you need to make sure the Gateway and DNS are set correctly.

Dennis

My bridge II is in my Perfectwave (have an Aries feeding the Directstream) and the bridge update worked flawlessly. Rebooted the PWD and the update appeared, hit the button, went out to get supper ready and when I came back the update was done. Roon saw the bridge right away and works flawlessly streaming both Tidal and my own music files. Great job Dennis and the rest of the crew at PS Audio. Now I can rid of the myriad of control apps I was using and never really liked.

Update works perfect. Here are some test result -

1. Running Minim server on MacMini connected to a router that connects to DS/Bridge. Control point is Bubble. Everything worked fine. No problem.

2. Same hardware setup. But running Roon on MacMini. Control point is RoonRemote on iPhone or directly from Roon Player on MacMini. Everything works fine except Cover arts -

a) While playing a playlist, the cover art don’t get updated from one song to another. This works fine in case of a Playlist played from BubbleUPnP.

b) When specifically moved from one song to another using next/previous arrow in Roon, the artwork changes. But sometimes it appears as grey overlayed with previous artwork.

Regards,

Sourav

Ozzymilton, I’m in Royal Oak.

Did the upgrade of my BII tonight. I had to do a little futzing around to get the upgrade to show up. Initially, I got an N/A for the firmaware. I checked my network settings and my static IP, gateway and DNS were all set correctly. I tried a reboot but no help. I finally went back to the network settings and tapped the “globe” icon for DHCP to turn it green and zero out my static settings. Then, without saving the DHCP setting, I tapped the “globe” icon again and turned it back to red, which returned all of my static settings. I then exited from that screen by hitting the “check mark” icon and returned to the main Bridge page. Magically, the firmware was now showing as available. I don’t know if this was just a coincidence of timing or if I had to force the Bridge somehow by going from static to dynamic and back to static again. At any rate, I can’t replicate it now.

After that, the upgrade went fine. I’m listening to Roon streaming from my NAS via the BII as I type this. Cover art is displaying fine. I am using the Roon remote app on my iPad. Bye bye BubbleUpnp app, I’m not sure why others are still using this.

Nice job Dennis and team! Can’t wait to get home and try this!!

ksalno said Did the upgrade of my BII tonight. I had to do a little futzing around to get the upgrade to show up. Initially, I got an N/A for the firmaware. I checked my network settings and my static IP, gateway and DNS were all set correctly. I tried a reboot but no help. I finally went back to the network settings and tapped the "globe" icon for DHCP to turn it green and zero out my static settings. Then, without saving the DHCP setting, I tapped the "globe" icon again and turned it back to red, which returned all of my static settings. I then exited from that screen by hitting the "check mark" icon and returned to the main Bridge page. Magically, the firmware was now showing as available. I don't know if this was just a coincidence of timing or if I had to force the Bridge somehow by going from static to dynamic and back to static again. At any rate, I can't replicate it now.

After that, the upgrade went fine. I’m listening to Roon streaming from my NAS via the BII as I type this. Cover art is displaying fine. I am using the Roon remote app on my iPad. Bye bye BubbleUpnp app, I’m not sure why others are still using this.

Hi ksalno

Could you try and replicate the issue I have with bubble ? Switch to another input and see if the volume control still works. It didn’t work on my system. Then going back to the bridge II also no volome control. Resetting the bridge an changing to a static ip brings it back.

2nd question: what is your impression on the sound quality using roon? Equal, better or worse than using the dlna setup.

Best regards

Kurt

kckuepper said
kckuepper said
kckuepper said Same here. Using bubble upnp as control point on Android. No volume control on any of the inputs. Did work perfect before the update. Using DS Senior with Torreys final. Will try another control point and report back.

Regards

Kurt

Rebooted the DS and now the volume control with bubble upnp works. I also assigned a static ip.

Did some more testing. Bubble only controls the volume on bridge II. Switching to another input looses the ability to control the volume also if you go back to the bridge. Resetting the bridge and assigning a static ip cures it but only until you select another input. Behavior is repeatable.

I tried two other control points (Plug Player and Elyric on IOS) and have exactly the same issue and behaviour. No volume control on all other inputs (except Bridge II). Volume controls comes back on Bridge II after bridge reset but ONLY if I assign a static IP after the reset. No volume control through control point on all other Inputs.

Hi Dennis,

How long does it take for Bridge II to get updated? My Jr. with Torreys Beta is showing “Bridge updating” for more than 30 minutes.

Thanks

Jeong

jcyeom said Hi Dennis,

How long does it take for Bridge II to get updated? My Jr. with Torreys Beta is showing “Bridge updating” for more than 30 minutes.

Thanks

Jeong

Only about 10 minutes. Try turning it off and restarting it.

Dennis

adminpaul

Paul you had mentioned the possibility of a 60 day trail offer for Roon.

Is that still going to happen?

has anybody done any SQ comparisons using Roon vs JRiver, especially on AO 2.0 ?

magicknow said adminpaul

Paul you had mentioned the possibility of a 60 day trail offer for Roon.

Is that still going to happen?

I am also interested about 60 days trial.

Regards,

Sourav

I tried two other control points (Plug Player and Elyric on IOS) and have exactly the same issue and behaviour. No volume control on all other inputs (except Bridge II). Volume controls comes back on Bridge II after bridge reset but ONLY if I assign a static IP after the reset. No volume control through control point on all other Inputs.
I'm having no trouble at all with what you describe (DS DAC, BII). I've switched between USB and Bridge and back, and from Roon to Bubble and back with no issues.

Update was easy and without a problem. Played yesterday evening a few albums with J river. I use a Macbook pro. Today I tried to play an album, but nothing happened. Bridge 2 was frozen. Album cover of the last played album was still on the screen. First I restart my Macbook / J River. No result. Second thing I did was DSD power off and on. After a fresh start the bridge was awake and played the music I want. Hope it is not an every day issue. Normally it works without a problem. Time will tell.

Ronald

When I closed my Macbook connection seems lost with bridge 2. My network was and is very good. J river up and downgrade didn’t help. In JRiver: Right click on the BridgeII in the playing now menu. Under “DLNA Controller options”, check both “Ignore Transport Events” and “Disable SetNext Support”. Didn’t also work. Only a power cycle or reset bridge. I contacted Dennis, result was that I made a downgrade because I don’t use Roon, and I like to play music from my NAS and Macbook without reset a few times every day. Dennis helped me superb. Only question is are there more users having this issue???

Ronald

Hi Dennis,

One more bug.

When Roon ends up playing songs in Queue it starts playing similar songs as Radio. When Roon gets into Radio mode the album arts don’t change at all.

Regards,

Sourav

Hi Dennis

I am also having problems with DSD playback in my DS. DSD is converted into PCM and downsampled from 352 hz to 176, turning the traditional purple led close to the track name into green. If you touch the green led then you will see the PCM/downsampling conversion in the signal path.

ridom said Hi Dennis

I am also having problems with DSD playback in my DS. DSD is converted into PCM and downsampled from 352 hz to 176, turning the traditional purple led close to the track name into green. If you touch the green led then you will see the PCM/downsampling conversion in the signal path.

The bridge only supports single rate DSD, it seems that Roon is downsampling to something the bridge can play.

Dennis