Roon volume control not working

I have been using Roon installed on a mac mini together with my Directstream Dac with Torreys installed and with an updated Bridge 2 and in terms of sound, user friendlyness and stability this is the best combination yet. I was using Jriver before, but that one crashed from time to time.

The only problem I have, is that for reasons unknown to me, the volume control stops responding after a short while.

After restarting the DS, the volume control works again (restartting the app on my iPad or iPhone 6 does not help).

Anyone also has experience with this problem?

Thanks

tomvdw said I have been using Roon installed on a mac mini together with my Directstream Dac with Torreys installed and with an updated Bridge 2 and in terms of sound, user friendlyness and stability this is the best combination yet. I was using Jriver before, but that one crashed from time to time.

The only problem I have, is that for reasons unknown to me, the volume control stops responding after a short while.

After restarting the DS, the volume control works again (restartting the app on my iPad or iPhone 6 does not help).

Anyone also has experience with this problem?

Thanks

I have noticed the same issue with roon, but similar thing happens in my setup also with BubbleUpnp/Minimserver combination.

Still from remote volume control works and is even updated to roon control app (iPad)

I gave up on driver on the Mac after its crashed more often than was running and while roon was pretty stable there I decided to build a silent PC with a spare Win7 (now Win10) install runs bot with seldom ever having to restart or have crashed apps. While I do hate having to use windows it is a more stable environment for Jriver without a doubt (MC21 at least - Now on MC22) and I only run the server versions s remote is hailed by either Remote or Roon Remote

I do like that JRiver sees the BridgeII - as does Win7/10 as a renderer. Just wish that Roon would see the Oppo BDP105. Might have to get my MacMini’s running Roon Brisge for the HA-1’s and see how that goes as I can’t afford to get 2 LanRover setups. That said for general background listening the ATV connection from Roon is OK

I can also drive the DS Junior to my other room via interconnected Processor connections so lots of audio options in my setup…maybe too many, but at least I can play and play to find the one I like best.