S1200 problem

No, John does not have the same problem. The red LED is meant to stay on all of the time. This is no indicator that the tubes are on.

Paul, I’d really appreciate this. The illumination I’m referring to is the rectagular area on the amp’s sides which, I thought, were the indication that the tube is lit. When the amp is shut down, the amps in question still remain lit. I’m nor referring to the amp’s front on/off switch. The one or two of the six amps do shut down completely with these side illuminations going off. Of the four that I’ve already returned for replacement, one of the replacements again illuminates (on the side). The only way I can turn it off is by the on/off switch on the back of the amp. Kevin brought this to the attention of the designer who responded to him by indicating that he did not know why this was happening. And, if, by chance, it is a LED illumination, why doesn’t all the six amps show this?

If I completely forget the illumination and let it stayon 24/7, if it is the bulb and the bulb burns out, what does it do to the sound?

Thanks for your interest.

Chops,
I don’t have the necessary camera to be able to post a picture.

mp5310,
Yes, the amp triggers are connected properly and turn on all six amps.

jvvita,
The ET-3 Trigger ExansionModule appears to only handle three triggers; I need one for the six amps.
Thanks, anyway.

dawkins,
Good question for which I have no answer. Maybe Paul’s response could resolve this nightmare!
I’m really concerned that, if the illumination are the tubes after amp shut down, what would happen if I avoided them entirey? What would happen if the burn out? What would happen to the sound?

Your cellphone maybe?

Wonder if your returned units were checked out as part of QC. If not, perhaps they’re still at PS?

Our team should be checking the M1200s that you sent in shortly. @edwardweinman, if you could do me a huge favor. Unplug all of the trigger cables and power up the amps with the rear switch and make sure they’re NOT in standby (logo button lit). Let them sit like this for a few minutes and then individually put all of the amps into standby by pressing the logo button. keep them in standby for about 30 minutes, and let me know if the all of them have the LED lit or not.

You would stil daisy-chain the amps. The first one would bem connected to the emotiva and the other ones to each other.

But It seems PSAudio is taking care of you. My suggestion is a last resort to isolate the issue

jamesh,
I unpugged all the trigger cbles, poweed up the amps with the rear switch on and the front amp LED lit. After a few minutes, I individually put all the amps into standby by pressing the front amp logo button. After 30 minutes, I pressed the logo front buttons and the amps all went on. The color of the side where the tube, I assume is, was BLUE. Then I switched off the amps via the front LED and they all went off and there was not BLUE illumination on the sides.

Is this what you wanted?

Do I now put the trigger cables back in?

Perfect. Based off this information, everything is working as expected. Yes, try the triggers now.

jamesh,
…one more thing…of the two amps that I’m returning, one has produced static from the Magnepan speaker. It started a few days ago. I included a note with the two returns.

OK, thanks for adding that note with the amp. The techs will check it out.

thank you

jamesh,

It’s about 9:00 p.m. and after having the system on and off a few times during the day, when I just closed the amps via the Maranatz remote that triggers all the amps off, one had the blue light remaining. I tried to turn on the amp via the front LED but when I turned it off, the blue light still remained. I had to switch the amp off via the rear switch.

Where was that amp in the daisy chain?

dawkins,
This not an easy question to answer. Initially I returned two amps, first and second in the trigger arrangement. Then I had to return two more: the first was the replacement amp in the arrangement; the second was also sent back. Today, after not having any problems with the sixth amp for yesterday, the blue light was on twice during the evening hours necessitating the unit to be turned off via the rear switch. So, all total, I have now returned four out of six with a fifth one now giving my problems. Is there no end?

From reading various audio forums, some people with tube amps never shut them off, because they feel it takes so long for the amps to stabilize. They just replace the tubes on a regular basis. So you shouldn’t panic over any loss of sound quality or damage if a tube burns out. Hopefully you’ll have this resolved soon.

So if I’m not mistaken, all was working well without the trigger cabling engaged. Now that you have them chained together, the light is staying on in one? If you wait a few minutes, does it turn off?