M1200 Tube Rolling

And Go…I haven’t yet how about you?

1 Like

I wondered how long it would take…

2 Likes

man the m1200 sound awesome especially with my man Neil.

1 Like

I’m thinking of trying the PSvane 12au7

What did yours come with? I thought Psvanes was the stock valve.

I didn’t know that…so I am good to go lol

I switched out the Psvanes on my M1200 with Brimar CV 4003 NOS tubes. Getting the tubes in and out is a little challenging. Using the PSA tube puller helps a lot. I only have a couple hours on them so I don’t want to judge the sound yet. Most notible right away is the Brimars are not as bright on the high end as The stock tubes. I will update after some more hours have been logged.

3 Likes

How has the listening been with the Brimar tubes?

I didn’t care for the Brimar’s in the M1200’s so I switched to the Gold Lions and I wonder why PS Audio doesn’t ship the M1200’s with the Gold Lions! They are great with the M1200’s! IMO

Welcome to the community by the way!

4 Likes

Thank you for the insight. I’ll try the gold lions!

1 Like

The Gold Lions are friendlier on the budget also!

3 Likes

And far better quality than the overpriced Psvanes

2 Likes

Are you enjoying listening to the M1200’s? I can’t say I have any regrets! I loved my 700’s but the 1200’s are better!

4 Likes

Yes, once broken in the M1200 sounds great. I’m enjoying it.

3 Likes

Replaced the stock PSvanes with the Gold Lion 12AU7 ECC82. Very nice upgrade.

2 Likes

Good choice!

1 Like

I have the Gold Lion 6922s ready to go into the BHK and M1200s when the stock PSVane tubes start to get sleepy.

1 Like

I didn’t wait for the tubes to age. The sonic improvement the Gold Lions provide over the Psvanes will make you wish you replaced them sooner!

2 Likes

Pus, you can try them out and, if you like, put the stock ones back and wait for them to slowly die. :slight_smile:

The other nice thing is tubes are typically pretty affordable as an upgrade/modification.

2 Likes

I like the sound of PSVANE 12AU7-S better in M1200. The Gold Lion sounded better in voices and mid range, but the S sounded fuller in my system.

2 Likes