SACD Transport software update

Can you tell us how to remove the metadata from flac files, I do have problems with certain flac files not readable in the PST, while they could be read in the DMP

I’m not certain what all is needed. Maybe @dchang05 can tell us what he did to get rid of the extra meta data.

As you can read in my recent post, i also have difficulties playing some flac files in the PST, files which didnot give any problems playing in my DMP.
You did strip the metadata from the AIFF. Can you tell us how you did strip the metadata from theses files to let the PST read the files?

Jan Deurenberg

google “remove metadata from flies” you will find links for step-by-step instruction. You will start with right click the file or highlight all files in the same folder first and go to the bottom “properties”. click that and go to details. Then click remove properties and personal information. good luck!

After removing AIFF metadata, all files can be played using USB (most likely disks too) up to 64gb through PST; provided USB has FAT32 format. I used a USB filter too since the SQ is sub-par compares to disks. From menu I found USB input is not mean to be used as a main music source. So I use it to break in the PST (100 hour plus) and to play background music.

Interestingly I had no problem playing FLAC files without removing metadate downloads from Qobuz.

1 Like

Thanks Dchang!

Thank you dchang05,
I tried it, copied the files of my 8GB USB Cruzer, fat 32, and again, the same happened: while very long reading, the PST started to flash the logo button, and all other buttons are dead. It seems that something in these files provoke the software in the PST to start flashing as if there was new firmware.
For me it looks like this music is no longer usable in my PST, which is certainly a pity!!!
Are there more people having a similar problem?
Is this perhaps an item for the next firmware upgrade?

Did you remove all metadata by copying to a new file? I found selecting options didn’t work. But I didn’t have issues with FLAC files in the first place. It probably has to do with the site you purchased from.

Yes I did.
But I managed to let them be played!.It seems that the names on the files, with which they came from the provider, were too long to be read by the PST. The long names were displayed correctly in my W10 pc. So I renamed them all to 1-8 (1.flac etc) and it worked.
Now these files do have all the metadata on it and there was no problem left for reading in the PST.
Perhaps this observation can be helpful also for Peter Martin?

I find it surprising that the same people who have had issues with downloading extracting software to and sd card and installing the update seem to have trouble with the very simple method of doing all this with a couple of clicks in the PST menu. When my PST arrived it was not loaded with the latest software. Without any help from the manual or any other source I very easily verified the software load, downloaded it and updated it. I guess no matter how simple they make it some are still going to struggle with the process.

1 Like

My PST came with the current software at the time, but when the next version came along I was unable to do the over the air update, despite having my unit connected to wifi. Every time I checked for a new update, my only option was to exit, meaning the unit was telling me it was up to date, despite there being a new update available. Fortunately I was able to easily download the update to a thumb drive then update my PST.

1 Like

Very strange

I have that exact same experience. WiFi connected, but won’t update to the latest update. Will go old school like you. Thanks for posting!

do you have to get the previous update before installing the latest update?

No, just like all of our firmware, they can be updated in any order. They do not need to be sequential.

So the latest one will have all the previous update included?

Essentially, yes.

Thank you
Albert

1 Like

Jamesh,

Sorry to bother you again. On updating the PST, do you power off before you put the USB into the FW slot?
It sound like it should be on standby when you do this and then power off and then power on again.

Please confirm.
Thanks,
Albert

Shouldn’t matter, but I tend to recommend folks turn the unit off first and then plug in the stick.