SALE ! PerfectWave SACD Transport

10/21….guess we just missed out. Bummer but totally understand.

1 Like

It’s worth the wait. Best transport I have ever owned, and by far!

3 Likes

10/29 for me, so hey - he who hesitates is lunch, as they say.

Seriously, though, while this is disappointing news, it’s far from the end of the world, and infinitely better than unboxing a DOA unit and having to send it back. Actually, I don’t mind the credit card charge being delayed, either - in fact, if it could be delayed until after Jan 1, I’d be thrilled for the effect on my end-of-year household accounting. :wink:

4 Likes

Well, that’s depressing … Yes, I know, first world problem … I’m glad you caught it.

1 Like

James, thanks for the heads-up and the thorough testing by the PS Audio Team. As I submitted my order on October 29 I too am affected. Looking forward to my unit’s arrival.

1 Like

After listening to the MBL 1621a Transport I thought I’d send the PST back and get one of those. But last night I enjoyed listening to the PST a great deal. So I copied a disc full of tracks designed for breaking in a piece of gear. I have them on a thumbdrive on repeat. I can’t wait to hear this thing with more hours on it.

7 Likes

Here in EU one can get a gently used MBL 1621a for same price or cheaper than a PST.

If playing cd´s were my main priority,tough choice between the two. I use Lindemann 820S as a cd transport or standalone sacd player. Sometimes I use it as a dac to compare to DSD,that is with coax in from Matrix( to get 24/192 ) input because xlr input goes only to 24/96. I hardly ever use it because streaming is so good and easy. I expect MBL and PST are superior to my spinner but still no interest. Bring me Octave streamer and DSD mk2 ! :hugs:

5 Likes

I’m finally getting to listen to my PST via the speakers in my main system after five weeks of my amp being down. I have had about 600 hours of time on the transport spinning discs and I’ve listened via headphones.

So far I have one big beef which is really my own problem: I keep pressing the screen to open the disc drawer. Too many years with the DMP!

To be honest I can’t mirror some of the intense excitement over perceived differences between this and the DMP. At this point I think most of us are experiencing subtle differences between components because we have such fine systems, and there are definitely subtle differences between the PST and DMP that I enjoy. There’s a bit more separation of instruments on recordings and a bit more depth to the soundstage. SACDs may sound a tiny bit better than they did on the DMP.

This sale allowed me to buy the PST and keep the DMP. If I had had to trade in the DMP to get the PST at this price. . .I think I might well have sent the PST back and kept the DMP and the money unspent. But being able to have both, and improve the sound in another system, I think the PST was a worthy purchase.

7 Likes

Nice way of announcing which one of your kids you love the most! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I’ll join the PST gang in about a month . . .

4 Likes

Lonson…your honesty in things audio has always been refreshing! :+1:

1 Like

The early reports of the amazing wonderful step up in sound with the PST made me wonder if everyone was drinking from the same glass. I was on the fence about keeping mine but I’m leaning more to the keep it side every day. To get better Redbook playback would cost me prolly $25k. (Plus $10k for cables) I might be good enough where I am at.

4 Likes

Sacrilege!!!

You heretic, you…

:wink:

Cheers, Al.

2 Likes
6 Likes

Elizabeth!

2 Likes

That would per week, right?

1 Like

Goes without saying I thought.

Laughing out loud!

3 Likes

Followed up by:
“I’m coming’ to join you Elizabeth” !!!

2 Likes

Hi All,
Is anyone experiencing an occasional drop out when connected though I2S?
I have had this happen a few times when playing at higher volumes.
My PST is connected to a SGCD via a 1.5 M AudioQuest Carbon HDMI cable.
Can say it is not the cable as I have tried a couple of different HDMI cables.
Really trying to figure it out if it is the PST or the SGCG.
This does not happen when using a Coax cable.
Thanks!

Save your pennies for a Dragon HDMI.
You’ll be shocked and thankful you did.
I am sad that at this moment I have no place in my main system to use one. I can’t wait to buy another one!

5 Likes

Kinda pricey for the modest system I am running but get it!
Saving pennies for a new pair of speakers.
Appreciate the suggestion!

2 Likes