SALE ! PerfectWave SACD Transport

Listening to the 1st track of Bill Evans album “Behind the Dikes”. Just a regular cd. On the PST, even the announcement sounds amazing.

2 Likes

And the piano, how does that come across on the PST?

1 Like

Real nice. Though the drums sounded a bit muddled on track 8 and 10 on Disc one.

1 Like

Honestly, I’ve not heard much of a break in with the PST. I think it’s a great idea just not so sure how much it’s needed. A DAC or an amp? Tons of break in, but the PST sounds great out of the box.

2 Likes

My experience is exactly what Paul said. Great right out of the box.

As soon as I get mine—any day now; ordered Oct 18.

It is interesting that PST gives different results in terms of breakin time. Mine took a few days to reach great sound , but I used a couple test cds and felt that there was still a little improvement after a week. I remember there were quite a few thought PST took even longer time than mine to break in when it was released last year.

Compares to other PSA gears I owned, I agree it took the least time with a smaller improvement to break in.

I have so far only been able to listen to the PST with headphones the last three weeks, but I too have heard the sound “change”. . . . It sounded good out of the box but subtly better over the weeks.

1 Like

I want to give a quick update on the shipment of the PSTs. During testing this week of new built units, a number of them weren’t passing FST/AP. The cause was traced back to a wrong chip that was populated on one of the boards. The digger is we have to send all of these boards back to the supplier to have the right chip put on. PSTs that have already shipped are in good working order, otherwise they wouldn’t have passed FST/AP. The rough ETA I’ve been given for us to receive the right boards and to start building/shipping again is early to mid Dec.

I know this is a big bummer for some folks, especially with all of the positive comments that are in this thread from people that have just received it. But I’m trying to look on the bright side and see this as a good example of our QC and testing procedure working. I’d much rather folks wait a bit longer than have a bunch of non-working units in the field!

8 Likes

James,
“PSTs that have already shipped are in good working order, otherwise they wouldn’t have passed FST/AP.”
Mine shipped and is due to arrive in 2 days Fri. Nov. 12th
Just to confirm, my unit is good ??
Thanks,
Tom - NJ

You got it, it will be perfect. Again, I want to reiterate, it would not have left out warehouse if it didn’t pass FST. None of the “bad boards” pass FST.

2 Likes

When did you order yours?

While disappointing, it is great when QC works as intended.

4 Likes

Exactly what does FST/AP stand for?

I wouldn’t expect two days of burn in to make much of a difference. Although I heard improvements right away with the PST compared to the DMP, it took all of 30 days burning it in before I decided it was a keeper.

Playing the PST 4 days and nights straight did it for me, before the continuing improvements were not very noticeable.

I recently listened to some well recorded CD’s like (Skip, Hop, & Wobble) with my new PST and I really can’t tell if it"s CD or SACD, it’s that good. My previous transports I can always tell this CD was inferior. The PST really brings CD playing to another level!!

1 Like

Full systems test/Audio precision.

2 Likes

Having gladly ordered the PST hours after the deal was announced, my biggest revelation so far has been how good my (somewhat) humble streaming set-up is in comparison. Yes, PST sounds better but the margin is close enough that I would’ve been happy to stay put if this deal wasn’t too good to pass. Still, this is the best transport that I’ve ever owned.

2 Likes

Oct. 15th

1 Like

Oct 18,