SD card after DSD kit. Input always shows PCM 44.1k (Maybe the 2nd topic is: Setting up jRiver)

2 questions; I installed a DSD kit, after installing DSD kit do I just leave the SD card in? Should I make some alteration to the card?

When playing musical the DAC & Bridge display aways show PCM & 44.1k, whether I am playing Internet radio from Sonos, or flac, 192khz files from iMac/jRiver. Is that correct?

in jRiver20 I have set Tools/Options//Media network/Add or configure DLNA server/ to Audiophile 24-bit DAC. Though one of the options in there is Audio/Mode & Audio/format where the choice seems to be PCM, or MP3.

You can leave the SD card in place.

The display should reflect the resolution of the file being played. There is something you need to change in JRiver and/or your Mac. I do not use either and do not have specific suggestions.

I hope this helps

http://www.psaudio.com/ps_how/how-to-setup-jriver-and-the-bridge-mac/

blackicehurts said 2 questions; I installed a DSD kit, after installing DSD kit do I just leave the SD card in? Should I make some alteration to the card?

When playing musical the DAC & Bridge display aways show PCM & 44.1k, whether I am playing Internet radio from Sonos, or flac, 192khz files from iMac/jRiver. Is that correct?

in jRiver20 I have set Tools/Options//Media network/Add or configure DLNA server/ to Audiophile 24-bit DAC. Though one of the options in there is Audio/Mode & Audio/format where the choice seems to be PCM, or MP3.

I can’t see an edit option so I’ll add; thanks for the SD reply. Got something other than 44.1k to appear, 192k turned up on a Jackson Brown track. Possibly helped by me fiddling with some settings in JRiver (that program is a labyrinth).

thanks

It is indeed “over featured” for most of us here. I am using Minim Server more often which has much less overhead and minimalist features. You can use the Kinsky or Lumin apps with it. [others too].

Gordon, neither of these apps will find my Bridge, believe someone on AC said Kinsky no longer would. Both mconnects do for me however. I would like to use the Kinsky though.

I am using both Kinsky and Lumin daily and they see my Bridge as well as other renderers on my network.

can you raise the bridge web page from your computer? I suppose so if Mconnect can connect.

It could be as simple as a reboot.[ puter and DAC]

try to open one controller or the other so they do not compete.

I have guests, Am cooking Thai and Kinsky/Aries is singing away but I can retry both with just the Bridge tomorrow.

Thks for reply, enjoy…

Just tried Kinsky with the Bridge and all worked well with both Jriver and Minim Server.

I will say that Minim seemed more responsive and “alive” than JRMC which is quite feature bloated.

There is also a bit of delay vs Aries due probably to the digital lens.

At any rate it should work.

Dinner turned out great [act of God?] 8 dishes and deep fried ice cream for desert.

Hmmm…yes I can seethe Bridge page and of late have very few disconnects, as I said mconnect always finds the Bridge plus Naim, LightningDS, my OPPO and eLyric of course. Reboot doesn’t help, anyway mconnect is ok just not crazy about art mainly. Thks for the confirmation.

edit…should not have included Naim.

must be the apps then.

try reinstalling them and be sure no other app is running.

another interesting control point is Audionet. there is a player to install on Mac or PC and then the IOS or Android app connects.

So Audionet is not a Bridge controller I assume.

Should work fine with the Bridge

you need http://www.audionet.de/main/service/audionet-rcp/page.html?L=en on your Mac

*** when you unzip the folder use the .app for Mac and .exe for Windows.

and

http://www.audionet.de/main/service/audionet-imm/page.html?L=en on your IPAD.

or

http://www.audionet.de/main/service/audionet-amm/page.html?L=en for Android

EDIT- the download has limitations of 10 tracks per playlist with non Audionet equipment.

Then why is my Mac needed, I’m trying to retire it except for Spotify.

Because you need a player/server that you can “control” and sends the music to your DAC.

There are units available to dedicate to the task and some even have their own internal HDs for storage, but they still are “computers”, just not the one you use for other stuff.

The trend is to “closed” systems with dedicated components that just “happen” to have internet access for radio services and updates.

Just like the old days with a turntable, pre-amp, amp and speakers.

We still want internet connectivity though. Have you ever sat in front of a computer that has lost it’s connection to the web? You sorta wonder what it is for?

I have had great use out of the bridge. Very stable for a long time on my network. Have to re-set the uPnP server here and there but that’s it. In addition, album art has worked 90% of the time: until now. Album art has become a problem with nothing else changing. My network remains solid and the DS through the bridge works nearly perfect (sounds killer too), listening to Don Rich, right now. I’ve tried re-booting and resetting the uPnP but the problem returns. JRiver with JRemote 100% of the time: you will have to pry JRiver/JRemote from my cold dead hands…love the program.

Any ideas?

P.S., can’t wait for the new bridge!! Don’t care about double DSD. Want a rock solid/stable platform with gapless!!

gordon said

The trend is to “closed” systems with dedicated components that just “happen” to have internet access for radio services and updates

I have very mixed feelings about this trend. I understand that it’s easier (potentially, anyway) for companies to make stuff work well if they control all pieces of the pie. But I don’t like the idea of being locked into a single solution, particularly with regard to control points. UPnP/DLNA is obviously not perfect, but I would like to see it improved rather than abandoned. I really like my NAS/Bridge/iPad setup.

Not all streamers/players lock one into a single control point.

For example, the Bryston units both offers its own built in HTML control interfaces, as well as MPD (Music Player Daemon) which can be accessed by any MPD compliant control point, of which there are many for both computers and portable devices.

I, too, require flexibility and not to be locked into a single ecosystem.

I too prefer an Open system like UPnP/DLNA/OpenHome where I can mix and match selecting the equipment that I prefer rather than having to use all of Brand X.

To this end, I have a PWD/Bridge and currently have my library mirrored on two computers. I look forward to trying the PS Audio Bridge 2. I also have backed the LH Labs Geek Source from their Wave campaign and look forward to adding it to my music systems. I would jump in on Shiloh’s Aries buy but am basically broke for the forseeable future… :frowning:

J.P.

For sure, we grew with our systems and enjoyed the time spent with friends listening and buying and storing what we aren’t using in the basement or garage. We may well be stuck in that paradigm.

trends are for them young-uns that are coming from a different need and learning curve.

Modestly sized active speakers with wired or wireless web access and voice controlled libraries are just around the corner. (Yes, I know some are here now but just not our SQ cup of tea or perhaps budget).

Remember this is a trend and not necessarily where we olde fogies see ourselves. Not too many of us consider ourselves “trendy” but would that set up not make great sense and leave more of our attention for the music?