SGCD loud pop/thump when changing to/from HT input?

Just a heads up…I copied James in o the email I sent you tonight and a auto response came back saying he was out today but the response was sent to my junk mail. If you do not see an email from me please check you spam folder. Thanks

Have they found a fix? I’d love to get rid of the “pop.”

I just replied to the email. TJ has been out for a bit, but should be getting back to you soon.

Email me - tjt@psaudio.com. You either need firmware or a board swap.

I replied a little bit ago. Looking forward to chatting with you!

There’s a few threads about that pop when changing from HT bypass. It’s an issue that no one can get resolved. I ended up selling my unit because it would send my amp into failsafe every time I switched back from ht bypass. Disappointing but besides that design fault, it’s a good unit unit.

There is a fix our team can do that essentially eliminates it completely. The unit itself needs to be sent in though.

1 Like

Oh really? That’s news to me!!

I’m really disappointed no one told me that when I started a thread on here or emailed PS Audio about the problem.

After a few months I gave up fearing damage to my BHK250, sold the unit and lost a lot of money on the experience.

I’m sorry to say it but this issue has not been managed well by PS Audio.

No need to apologize. I completely agree. It was a really tough one for our engineering team to track down because of the nature of it.

1 Like

Thanks @jamesh. Please don’t get me wrong, these things happen and no one can get it right all the time. I am just more disappointed than anything else. The SGCD is a fantastic pre-amp and I am sure you guys will learn and improve as you’ve done so many times before.

Sorry to hijack the thread with my emotional outburst. :wink:

Your frustration is perfectly understandable.

Yes, I absolutely get it. Ha, far from an emotional outburst. Thanks for the kind words, in times like these, positive feedback is much appreciated!

jhsg…Yes I also saw threads about this issue after I bought my SGCD in April 2020 and had this issue right out of the box. I wrote several emails and made calls to PS Audio and in my case perseverance has seemed to work. The fix has worked and there is no more pop or hum when switching to the HT mode but it had taken six months to drive the point and at a cost of a blown Beryllium tweeter on a Focal 1028Be speaker. That also took 6 months to get a replacement from Focal. I am sorry you had sell your SGCD I would have also in fear of damaging more expensive components.

I wrote an email to TJ copied jamesh and Paul on 10/26/20 letting them know that my issue was resolved on the SGCD and thanking them. Problem is when the SGCD came back there was a huge visible scratch on the volume knob and that the knob was loose. It no longer has that tight liner feel(click, click, click) to it and is sloppy and asked if a new knob can be sent of if I should send the SGCD should be sent back again. To date I have I no reply back. SGCD Knob|666x500](upload://ahkZDH8b3gOYvjIf5qvumcSpN18.jpeg)

1 Like

Good to hear you got your probably solved but that scratch!! WTF!! :tired_face:

Yikes! I’ll ping TJ and James for you.

Nothing a black Sharpie can’t fix, right?.. I’m kidding.
You’ll be hearing from TJ via email later today. Instead of bringing the whole unit back, he’s going to send you a new knob with instructions on how to replace it. It isn’t terribly difficult.

1 Like

Thank you Paul, James & TJ for your quick response to the knob issue.
I received an email today from TJ and we course of action.