SGCD loud pop/thump when changing to/from HT input?

The title in subject line is a continuation of thread started in 2018
USB Input not working and the Screen is scrolling white lines
Please read before forming an opinion as you can not reply to the thread.

I am having the same problem with the SGCD that I purchased in March 2020. When switching to the HT selection(mode) you hear a POP!. In my case it came from the left channel and blew a tweeter from a Focal 1028Be speaker. I called PS Audio about this and talked to a tech in April with his advise. Called back with the results and no reply back from the tech. I have called the PS Audio several time since leaving messages to the Tech Support Group. I have also contacted the sales person that sold me the SGCD and 2 M700. He has replied 3 times reassuring me that this issue has been passed to tech support. I have given details of the troubleshooting ask of me but no replies of a resolution.
I understand that I purchased an entry level system but I figured this would lead me to a top level system with PS Audio. I have held writing this but I am not hearing anything back as a customer and I am absolutely dumbfounded!

Sorry you haven’t heard anything from the team yet. I’m going to start a new email thread with you and them in it to assure they see it. To start, can you verify what version of FW you have on the machine?

Let us know if they get it figured out. It’s obviously an issue.

Hi James,

Thanks for contacting me!

Here are the Firmware versions:

CPU: 1.3.3.3

FPGA: 1.04

Thank you…………Tom Tompkins

Perfect thanks for passing these along to me. You should be hearing from TJ soon.

It has been 2 weeks and I have not been contacted by PS Audio Support about this issue?

Sorry about this. I just heard form TJ and you should be getting an update from him in a few minutes.

Thank you!

1 Like

Just heard from TJ and he is sending me a chip upgrade kit.
I will let all know if this fixes the issue.

Thank you for the support!

1 Like

I received a chip from PS Audio on 9/19/20 and installed per the instructions that were sent.
The firmware version of the that was sent was CPU: 1.3.3.3 FPGA: 1.04 this was version of chip that was in the SGCD. I replaced the chip and there was no difference in performance knowing what was sent to me was not an upgrade to the problem because of the same chip versions. Of course the same problem when selecting the HT option there is a pop fro the left channel and a slight buzzing. That being said I reported this back to PS Audio as asked by them but have not received any reply back. This goes back to my original thread I wrote on 8/24/20…absolutely dumbfounded on any reply back from PS Audio!

No reason to be dumbfounded, just give them a call. No reason to sit on the issue when you could get it resolved.

12 calls since April plus countless emails…

Truly odd.

I suggest sending @jamesh an email or asking him for him when you call. He will make certain you are taken care of.

That’s interesting I copied @jamesh when I contacted TJ at Tech Support.
Look at the above threads and this is where this last round started with.

Another option is to email Paul directly. He is typically very responsive.

Yes, absolutely. Email me personally or call. If you have 12 unanswered calls it must be they are for some reason going into a black hole. We have pretty strict rules about answering every customer inquiry within 24 hours on weekdays. My apologies for this. That’s super frustrating. I have pinged TJ and get him to answer.

1 Like

Yes. Thanks, Elk. I am here. paul@psaudio.com and I’ll be happy to get to the bottom of the communications issue.

I have asked TJ a number of times to get an answer for you. I’m sure with Paul and I touching base with him, you’ll hear from him quickly.

Sorry about any and all missed calls on my end, that is very unlike me, nor what we stand for. I hope you can forgive me on the matter; you deserve much better!

Call us and ask for me or email me - tjt@psaudio.com as soon as you have a chance. I think I finally figured out what’s up and am excited to get you going proper.

Thanks for all the patience you’ve had with us, I’d be frustrated for sure.

1 Like

I called yesterday 10/12/20 and was told you were not available. I left you a voice message with my phone # asking to call to discuss on what you figured out. I will also email you tonight.

Thanks