SGCD remote triggering my OLED TV

I moved the SGCD + 1200AS2 ice power amp to my living room to replace the 200W NuP integrated after a long burn in. Now a funny thing is happening. When I change inputs on my DAC remote, my 2017 LG OLED TV turns on. Its a bit annoying. Anyone faced the same issue?

Not with those specific components, but my PS Audio P5 Power Plant shared IR codes with my LG TV. It’s a known issue.

PS Audio uses a standard NEC remote code set and registers that set as we should but a few television manufacturers refuse to pay attention to rules and this happens. Sorry.

It can be quite annoying. The worst is that if I hit the wrong button on my LG remote (which can happen by accident since the remote normally resides in a box with other remotes) it shuts off all my PSA gear and I have to wait for everything to reboot. I blame LG for the reasons Paul gave.

Can you run your Smart TV by phone or tablet app? Covering the IR port, and using the app to manage the TV. That’s how I dealt with the P5 & LG TV quandry. Fortunately now, I have a Sony TV.

Thanks. The only LG app I found doesn’t work with my TV. I’ve (mostly) learned which buttons to avoid so it’s not a huge problem.

Thx @stevem2 @Paul @netspecht-2 for your responses. At least I know its not a fault :slight_smile: My OLED has a “magic remote” that my family needs to use, hence I am stuck … maybe I will just live with it.

Stellar DAC Remote is operating my LG TV!

1 Like

LG’s fault, they are not following their assigned codes apparently grrr

Your TV is now one with the PSAudio Borg.

1 Like

Same thing is happening to me!

This quirk has been going on for years. My 2012 P5 has the same issue.

Yes. Same happens with my LG OLED. I put a cushion in front of the tv when listening to music (for sound quality, but it also blocks LG’s remote sensor on the tv.

You & me both. The “OK” button shuts off my SGCD and the channel change button mutes my SGCD. Welcome to the “Family”. It’s no longer annoying but just a quirk…LOL.

Resistance is futile or 0.00000000000000000001 ohms or which ever comes first!

I changed the LG TV into another room. The Sony TV codes are different. PSA has suffered this issue for a long time.

Rant on…

Funny thing is, with all of the current gear and TV’s between our home, my brothers homes and my parents, the PSA remote is the ONLY one that effects all of the TV’s that any of us own, including two Hisense, two Vizio, a Sony, a Samsung and an LG (range from $600 to $3000).

We’ve tried all of our remotes on all of the TV’s, and the PSA remote is the only one that does this. Even a couple of cheap Chinese remotes that came with some cheap LED lighting don’t effect the TV’s. Just the PSA remote.

These other remotes include Emotiva, Cambridge Audio, Denon, Sony, Panasonic, McIntosh, Schiit (obviously), Teac, Parasound, LG, NuPrime and the above mentioned TV’s.

Not to stir the pot, but it seems as though PSA is the one refusing to paying attention to the rules.

This left a bit of a sore spot with me as I went through two different TV’s to try and mitigate this issue, going from a 65" originally to a 50" older unit. In the end, I ended up having to use a microfiber cloth taped over the remote sensor eye on one TV that looked like crap, and electrical tape on another TV to cover the sensor on that one. which in turn rendered both “smart” TV’s “dumb”, useless as far as their functionality and features are concerned.

Rant off…

1 Like

Been that way since at least 2012. My P5 remote unexpectedly triggered the LG TV.

18 years and you’d think something would be done about it by now instead of pointing fingers at pretty much every TV manufacturer out there. Oh well. Nothing I need to worry about anymore these days. Just wanted to make a point.

LOL

2 Likes

I’ve had a Samsung LED 4K TV above my PS Audio Electronics for over two years now and never had a problem with the old DS remote (black), new DS remote (silver) or the Stellar Phono remote. I also had a Panasonic Plasma for years and never had an issue with that TV either, so I think it is not an issue with all TV’s.

1 Like