Show Us Your Turntable

I recently completed the restoration of the vintage Well Tempered Classic turntable. A piece of audio equipment I lusted for (but could not afford) in my youth.

This restoration included:
• Structural repair and refinishing of plinth
• Eliminating a hum in arm
• Upgrading to Cardas Clips
• Changing of Fluids
• Motor disassembled, cleaned and lubricated
• New feet
• New belt
• Calibration

17 Likes

Rega RP10 modded to run “naked” like the P10. Also use Isoacoustic feet in place of the stockers.

Rega Aphelion2 cart.

Rega Aura phono stage.

I can honestly state this doesn’t require any upgrading. Very pleased with the sound and ease of use.

15 Likes

Linn LP-12 Klimax with Ekstatik cartridge. (Yes, I know but that’s the way they spell it)

18 Likes

The photos speak for themselves. :grinning:

19 Likes

No fancy picture, but you’ll get the idea. VPI Prime 10"-3D arm, Falcon/Road Runner speed control, dual pivot and counter-intuitive. Cartridge is Ortofon Quintet Black. I have a a set of Eden Sound Bear Paws that I have neglected to install.

14 Likes

Yes, Tony and what the photos say is you’re buying lunch at Axpona!

1 Like

Verrry nice, as are all the turntable posted.

Shame on you, as your post has me thinking about the Rega Naia once again.

1 Like

Great idea for a thread…

Can’t believe there wasn’t one already…

Agreed. The REGA is an elegant looking piece of machinery.

1 Like

You’re looking at all my lunch money! :smile:

1 Like

17 Likes

11 Likes

8 Likes

What table is that?

Platine Verdier magnet isolated with Acoustical Systems decoupled platter, Acoustical Systems Aquilar 12” tonearm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement cartridge, Klein motor/control unit/power supply (not visible in this cutout) and a little more tuning.

4 Likes

Hey Tony, does your turntable have a side job? Looks like it’s in the cutest little cubicle!

:joy: :joy: :joy:

I had that cubicle specially made.

Acoustically damped. Remote controlled wrap around lighting. Removable plexiglas cover. It gets the job done.

12 Likes

Since I posted my system recently I might as well give a better shot of the turntable …

It’s an original VPI Airies Extended. I got it second hand about 20 years ago. It came with the translucent platter of the Mk II, the original (desirable) platter long gone. Upgraded to the all aluminum platter recently. The arm is the 12.5. I upgraded the tonearm base to an early version for the 12.7 which VPI thought a better investment than the 12.7 arm at the time. The feet are Isoacoustics, I had the original cone feet, then got the mini TNT feet, but really like the Isoacoustics. It’s all sitting on a 3” thick butcher block, 18” x 24”. I also have a single motor flywheel but need a larger platform so not using at the moment since I need to keep the table higher than my one cat can jump, at least so far …

Here’s the SDS and the Stellar phono.

13 Likes

That’s pretty cool! Well done!

2 Likes