Show your Silver and Black PS audio components in your system

Win-win-win (can’t forget the dog). I also like the color scheme of all of your PSA gear. That’s a neat room, no doubt. Kudos to you.

1 Like

How is that even possible? I’ve almost never seen fingerprints on silver/grey equipment, but just walk by black equipment and fingerprints magically appear. Then again, it doesn’t matter to me since I never touch my gear anyway.

Grab a rattle can of cheap flat black spray paint and have a blast…

What, not all of the silver Perfect Wave chassis in your collection are quite the same color, did I understand that right?

Yes, you can see the different hues in the image.

Oh, that comes as a surprise. I thought the chassis was a powder coat finish. Powder coat should be far more color consistent than what you describe.

I do know that, with some companies, their tolerances on the product color finish should be identical, and if it’s not would be cause for replacement.

Flippin" NICE!!!

That’s quite interesting - we haven’t changed the formulation of our powder coating for at least the past decade.

Of course there is always the chance for slight variations - maybe the powder coating got sprayed on thicker in one batch than the next or the like - but it shouldn’t be particularly noticeable.

Out of curiosity, Is the difference the same under direct lighting like from a flashlight?

My items are all the same shade albeit dark grey. It’s not a problem though. If they were all mismatched then it might look weird but since they were all bought at the same time I think they are from the same batch and hence look the same. I’m not sure it is necessarily a case of variation in colouration anyway - it may be more down to how people perceive different shades. What looks dark grey to me may seem black to others. I only have one silver item that I bought a couple of months later (which looks like an off white/very pale grey to me) so I can’t comment on the consistency of that colouring between different items.

There is no direct overhead lighting there. The variation is clearly visible. There is a variation between the components, the amps and sources are similar. The preamp is visibly different. It’s correct in colour. If you look at the knob, it matches perfectly.

So the knobs always match the chassis they are connected to, but the different chassis are a slightly different color to each other in the same light, right?

I meant that the knob was painted separately in batches then installed as needed. But the colour is identical. So the paint on the preamp is not incidental but intended. At the end of the day it’s a different colour from the rest of the amps and sources.

Oh, bummer. That is something that would bother me. I’d want all my same branded bits the same color, not variations of the same color. Precise color matching is difficult to achieve with chemical treated metal finishes, but should be much easier to achieve with powder coat and automotive grade paint.

I went ahead and ordered the black BHK preamp. I’ll order black amps in the next couple of months as well.

Luckily mine all seem to be the same (to my eyes at least), so it doesn’t bother me but I could imagine it would if they all looked slightly different. Would make my OCD go out of control.

My black components match up pretty well - even with my 6 year old P3 and my VPI stuff.

3 Likes

Speakers (Tekton DI SEs) “parked”- (family friendly). Herbie’s threaded stud gliders make it a cinch to slide these 128 pounders into listening position. UltraRendu and Ultradigital are hiding next to the NuWave Phono.

Silver BHK Pre, plasti-dipped to match. :hushed:

20190503_051435

4 Likes

My all black system

20190503_102632_HDR

20190503_102643

7 Likes

@falling_leaves those are great looking speakers, because you power them with the Signature series I assuming they sound good as well. I still have a weakness for wide band hybrid midth / tweeter drivers as they are real point sources.
What brand are these?

I decided to order black. I just ordered a new BHK black Preamp. I have a dedicated listening room and I generally keep lights low, so the black will blend in better. My Dac and Oppo player are both black/dark grey and I like how the look.

They’ve tannoy xt8f. They do sound good. I think I extracted all I can from them, now waiting for PS AN3 :grin:

1 Like