Shunyata Sigma V1/V2 Speaker cables

Has anyone had any experience with the Shunyata Sigma V1 or V2 speaker cables?

Yes I had the Shunyata Sigma V1 which replaced a Cardas Clear Beyond speaker cable. I have the V2 which is an excellent cable as the V1 was. The V2 is more revealing than the V1. In some systems it might be a little too revealing . It provides a ton of detail with a huge sound stage. I liked the V1 compared to the Cardas but the V2 is better than both.

1 Like

Any other insights concerning the Sigma V1/V2? Thank you!!!

I am sorry I didn’t respond sooner as I wasn’t aware of your follow up question. The two cables are very similar in sound but you get more detail. I don’t know what you have for a system but for me a very good comparison would be the MKI and MKII both a very good DACs but you get more resolving power, details and a bigger soundstage the MKII. You might want to do what I did and borrow some cables from the Cable Company.
The Cardas Clear Beyond is also a very good cable and might work better in some systems than either of the Shunyata’s.

1 Like

Current system:

I have the BHK 250, BHK preamp both with 7308 Jan White label Amperex tubes, P20 power Generator- with Audioquest Dragon 1 meter cable, Direct Stream Dac Mk2 , Auralic Aries G2.1 streamer , Tekton Moab speakers with upgraded crossovers, all other cables are “ice age cables”

Thank you…

Thank you!!

I actually have a 2.5m pair of V1 Sigma speaker cables I could let go to an interested party. They are in their very cool travel case and in very good condition.

2 Likes

I’d love to hear more about your take on the differences.

1 Like

I unfortunately need 3 or 31/2 meters

1 Like

They are too short for me but a friend may be interested- how much are you looking to get?

$2999. I have way more than that into them of course.

Thank you . I’ll let my friend know.

1 Like

I demoed Shinyata Sigma V1 speaker cables and was disappointed- my Ice Age speaker cables sounded better… any ideas?

@tony22 To me the Cardas sound more like a tube amp and the Shunyata a solid state. Since I have a tube system the Shunyata worked better for me and my system. The Audience Front Row kind of split the difference between the two. All 3 are very good cables and well worth an audition.

4 Likes

Thank you …