Ski racing season turning ugly

Did you see Muzaton in the Kitzbuhel DH race? The track was soft and slow but then started to freeze as there were so many delays that the race carried on much longer than expected.

By the time Muzaton got through the track it was really icy. A totally crazy jump at the final jump. I bet Eddie Edwards never flew that far in an actual ski jumping.

That’s the same jump where Kryenbuehl had his horror crash. The organisers lowered it after Kryenbuehl but obviously not enough.

As I said, I didn’t enjoy this season very much. Too many bad accidents and crashes. Euro Sport does not replay the crashes if the skier sustained serious injuries. I find that a good policy but others may disagree.

Edit: Tried on two different years to get to ski Kitzbuhel after the race but both times it’s been closed off. One gets to ski down Mousenfall (yes, it is steep) but the turn right to the Carousell has been fenced off and skiers are directed to Family Streif to the left. That side is not very exciting unfortunately.

I wax my own skis before each day but sometimes one needs professional help with the edges and with the pattern. A good ski tuner is worth his/her weight in gold.

I don’t us the long skis in Australia. You just run out of mountain and after the first one or two runs the snow gets all slushy and piled up. Better do different things here.

Ted Ligety is going to retire after the World Championships.

1 Like

Just finished day 8 of the season. 3 days AT/hiking, 3 days telemark, 2 days downhill.