software update

I do have a slight hesitation to update. I don’t use the Bridge and mainly play cd’s. Does the software influence the audio quality positively in general?

yup!

Yahoo! Something new to play with tonight… Ah, the joy!

So that’s a yes??

Yes for sure… I was a hold and was on 2.2 until this update. A definite improvement and worth the update. Now if only elyric would work on iOS7 on my ipad Air.

Can you tell a bit more what it does? Anyone, chime in?

@vsopking

do you mean the SQ?

In a simple phrase… 2.4.3 takes the whole orchestra and floats them 6 inches off the ground.

The result is a noticeable reduction in “stress” on the music.

Sort of like pulling a trailer up hill with a V-8 instead of a 4-cyl.

What’s this software actually doing, which will change the SQ in CD replay… Sorry for my ignorance.

vsopking said: What's this software actually doing, which will change the SQ in CD replay.. Sorry for my ignorance.

You're in the same boat as everyone else, I'll bet. ;)

… I am just trying to get over a sort of anxiety to update…if it is worth the effort I will go for it. As said I almost only play cd’s. And updating is not my cup o’ soup.

It is easy and you can always go back to another version if you like. Just remember to turn your amps off during the update! Which version are you currently running?

vsopking said: What's this software actually doing, which will change the SQ in CD replay

It appears no one knows, not even the programmer. Many find however that the different firmware versions sound different. The majority very much like 2.4.3.

The update process is easy. If you need help, just let us know. :)

Thanx, I’ll post my findings.

It is easy and you can always go back to another version if you like. Just remember to turn your amps off during the update! Which version are you currently running?

Currently running 2.0.2.

Dont change it! It’s the best!

Oh man… Reading a lot on the forum; it appears to be both favored by some and rejected by others.

All depending on the available system. I lean over not to change, but in a wild mood perhaps…I’ll try it. Still do not get what the software does to the SQ of CD replay.

Oh man... Reading a lot on the forum; it appears to be both favored by some and rejected by others.
All depending on the available system. I lean over not to change, but in a wild mood perhaps...I'll try it. Still do not get what the software does to the SQ of CD replay.

Anyone, chime in?

For me change it, I am sure Paul has herd it and liked it. Try and see but do not just load it and judge in a minute . Play it ,enjoy it , make a judgment in a couple of days.

Post results.

AL D

Oh man... Reading a lot on the forum; it appears to be both favored by some and rejected by others.
All depending on the available system. I lean over not to change, but in a wild mood perhaps...I'll try it. Still do not get what the software does to the SQ of CD replay.

Anyone, chime in?

On my system 2.0.2 does not show cover art on the DAC but it sounds ok. I ran 2.2.0 (with Bridge FW 0.2.13c) for a long time and was reluctant to change but I did. I can understand people who say "when on a good thing stick to it" but on this occasion I did change. I went to 243 with 0.2.14b and I like it.

I keep all my FW on my desktop and can change back at any time. You could do this as well. If anything you will get good at upgrading/downgrading your DAC & Bridge.

I agree- the 243 is just more musical. My wife likes it better too.