Something OLD, NEW, BLUE?

Good news Paul!

Paul McGowan said: They'd die a thousand deaths before working with us, I am guessing.

Dunno, there are lots of examples when absolutely "incompatible" companies begin to wok together or some projects or create alliances. Also, OpenSource is OpenSource, everybody can contribute and everybody will benefit. Another common IT example is when one company pays another to make the products compatible. Even if they are competitors. This is usually much cheaper than create something from scratch and then support it.
Gordon said: I think it is time to create a little ground swell here and some anticipation for something that could easily be a NEW magical moment in our quest for Audio Nirvana.

If you have something you are entitled to share, share it.

If you have been told something in confidence, respect the trust you have been granted and keep quiet.

"I know something you don't" is childish, self-aggrandizing and demonstrates a grave lack of respect for both one's colleagues and the person to whom the information properly belongs.

Treat as exemplars priests, doctors, lawyers and other professionals who honor the confidences of others. It is not their story to tell - or even hint.

Paul McGowan said: Well, we're doing it! . . .

Exciting news! This is a lot to look forward to. Good luck and happy experimenting.

Alekz said: Dunno, there are lots of examples when absolutely "incompatible" companies begin to wok together or some projects or create alliances.

And, unfortunately, at least as many where it is an abject failure - witness Chrysler and Daimler.

There is no certain path to success.

Paul, this is great news!!! Looking forward to whatever the BitPerfect folks crank out for their next Windows build.

Me too!

Paul thanks for the update,can’t wait to see the bridge replacement,wavesteam,and the new amp. I know, I know all in due time…again thanks

Elk said: There is no certain path to success.

Oh, very true. But you have to start somewhere. Reinventing a wheel is not a good start, unless you do it regularly ;) So, 4 years ago PSA could "ask" Logitech to create a PERL module for PWD, and Twonky to add a config file with proper settings, what could solve 70% of user problems almost immediately. Then Linn - it's not that difficult to add the Bridge to Kinsky. Yes, you have to pay money but you can win some time (to come up with a new wheel) and customers. Kinsky is, actually, not 100% Linn, it's an OpenSource project, SlimServer is not 100% Logitech, it's an OpenSource project.

HP (despite being a very Windows oriented company) donates millions to Linux society. Samsung used to produce half of iPhones/Tabs internals. Apple, Google, Microsoft paid each other to make their apps/products compatible. Why not to do the same in the Hi-End audio world?

But again, the keywords here are platform independancy, OpenSource, compatibility.

Speaking of OpenSource and customer base. Solaris became even more popular than Linux when it was OpenSource. When Oracle bought Sun and made it proprietary again, Solaris began to die. Developers simply stopped making or porting applications for Solaris. A great (possibly the best ever) operating system, but lost due to Oracle arrogance.

@elk

He he, I suppose you don’t like to wait for Xmas either to open your gift since you already know it is coming?

Bah, humbug, what is wrong with building some anticipation?

my goodness, 4 paragraphs, really? :>}

I am surprised, given my history here, that my intentions would be taken in that context and offer my sincere compassionate apology for stimulating those thoughts within you.

It must be truly painful. =))

Now, for the rest of Y’all, there is a light glowing on the horizon and it may not be insignificant or an A-bomb.

Think SQ, think OMG, really? and yes, start saving a little bit of dough. Not too much though and really worth it.

Oh, and contrary to grandpa Scrooge’s chides above, this is a heads up for the Boys that some genuine excitement is brewing in the test dept. I’m sure the rest of you get that.

Gordon, your post does not make any sense again…

@alekz

?

… to me. I had to add “to me”

The last part was for you and “Le Boys”.

Yes, I am privy to certain info and asked to keep the “punch line” secret until an announcement comes from El Heffe.

It has been brewing for a while and I’m pleasantly surprised it hasn’t leaked yet. X-Lab testing is beginning shortly.

I believe this to be a serious leap in SQ. I am just not at liberty to say exactly what it is.

Given the faithful and consistent support from our Beta Boys, I felt it appropriate to give you guys a heads up before it hits the masses. Save a little extra money and get ready for a treat.

Going back to my original post, I was opining that SQ improvement trumped every other possible option when it comes to our listening pleasure.

Remotes, PNP, gapless, platform etc.

Just MY opinion, of course, but those who still prefer vinyl have to get out of their chairs and do a bit of work to play an album and they do it all because it still gives them the goosebumps.

Well boys, there be some NEW goosebumps A-comin’ so please stay tuned.

Meanwhile I’ll try to keep squeezing PSA to let out some more clues.

We are in count-down mode. :)] :O) :-c :!! **== ^:)^

The last part was for you and "Le Boys".
Yes, I am privy to certain info and asked to keep the "punch line" secret until an announcement comes from El Heffe.

It has been brewing for a while and I'm pleasantly surprised it hasn't leaked yet. X-Lab testing is beginning shortly.
I believe this to be a serious leap in SQ. I am just not at liberty to say exactly what it is.

Given the faithful and consistent support from our Beta Boys, I felt it appropriate to give you guys a heads up before it hits the masses. Save a little extra money and get ready for a treat.

Going back to my original post, I was opining that SQ improvement trumped every other possible option when it comes to our listening pleasure.
Remotes, PNP, gapless, platform etc.
Just MY opinion, of course, but those who still prefer vinyl have to get out of their chairs and do a bit of work to play an album and they do it all because it still gives them the goosebumps.
Well boys, there be some NEW goosebumps A-comin' so please stay tuned.
Meanwhile I'll try to keep squeezing PSA to let out some more clues.
We are in count-down mode. :)] :O) :-c :!! **== ^:)^

Don't forget the PerfectWave Amp had been set back a few months because the prototype just didn't sound right on the high end. So that's delayed the 'new' announcements until it gets re-prototyped, evaluated, and then it takes a month or two to get all the details set for production. But I think Paul is listening to PWA Protoype Mk II right now, and from what I know it sounds good, but I haven't heard how it compares to Arnie's or other amps just yet.

I'll just have to wait, as the amp is my highest priority because the Streets is 30 years old at this point.

--SSW

And you may have to wait a little longer. After connecting the new input stage to the Hypex output module I listened with great anticipation. It was 100 times better. Probably good enough to release. That is until I again compared it to Arnie’s reference and it’s still lacking in the upper energy area.

I have concluded, based on my testing and work, that the Hypex modules have to go. The input stage is a bloody miracle and it’s staying. It may even become the basis for a new preamp, so good is its performance. But the output stage is holding us back. :expressionless:

I would add that I have now decided to engage some outside help in designing an output stage. My good friend Bascom King will be helping us figure out what to do.

:smiley: >:)

And you may have to wait a little longer. After connecting the new input stage to the Hypex output module I listened with great anticipation. It was 100 times better. Probably good enough to release. That is until I again compared it to Arnie's reference and it's still lacking in the upper energy area.

I have concluded, based on my testing and work, that the Hypex modules have to go. The input stage is a bloody miracle and it's staying. It may even become the basis for a new preamp, so good is its performance. But the output stage is holding us back. :|

Aaaaaaaaauuuuggggghhhh!!!!!

Drat! Shucks! @#$%^&*!!!

On the other hand, if what we get is better, then it's worth the wait. But still, it's been 3 years before the PWA got into the product queue, and now here's another setback. Gaaahhhh.

But man, is it going to sound good when it all gets sorted out.

Back to waiting . . .

:((

--SSW
streets still works said: Back to waiting . . .

:((

MMMMmmm perhaps, BUT.... how about a delicious snack to tide you over while you wait?

>:) :D
Paul McGowan said: I have concluded, based on my testing and work, that the Hypex modules have to go.

... wow ...

So, Gordon, looks like your anticipation is not timed correctly.