Something OLD, NEW, BLUE?

Paul McGowan said: I have concluded, based on my testing and work, that the Hypex modules have to go.

... wow ...

So, Gordon, looks like your anticipation is not timed correctly.

Unless something else is in the wings . . . .

:)

--SSW
streets still works said: Unless something else is in the wings . . . .

I keep "positive thinking" ;)
Alekz said: I keep "positive thinking"

atta-boy!
Positive thinking is often rewarded with Positive results.
I repeat..... Start putting a bit of Dough $$$ aside for some "Audio Nirvana".
Have faith, the count-down has already begun.
With luck, it will be a short one.
:D

:slight_smile:

Paul, wow, fascinating to hear you say that about the Hypex modules, there is so much… welll… hype about them. I keep thinking about getting Maggies for the new house and my Berning tube amps are not gonna power them in that space, so was awaiting word about the new amp… but I can live a while longer until you totally nail the design! I think everyone here will ultimately very much appreciate your NOT rushing to market and aiming for perfection. And I guess the flip side of that is that whatever is in the pipe that will likely be released more quickly must be truly amazing. I will start getting the wife’s permission to begin warming up the credit cards. :slight_smile: Hoping for more info soon!

@networkguy

בקרוב

:smiley:

… which I assume is Hebrew for “Paul and the engineering team have been working overtime and think they will have great news pretty soon”. :slight_smile: (OK, actually it just means “soon”, but I am reading into it a little. :))

Gordon, btw, I was just in Varanasi, India and have great pics, how’s your Hindi? :slight_smile:

MAY HINDI BOLTA TORRA TORRA.

OP HINDI BOLTA HAY?

Was it your first time there?

It is, to me, the REAL India.

If you ever go again the “Ganges View” hotel is a great place to stay at and right on Assi Ghat.

I would have loved to be there with you and probably would have blabbed about the NEWS. >:)

Gordon,

It was my first time in Varanasi but not my first time in India. Stayed at the Hotel Haifa at Assi Ghat, literally right around the corner from the Ganges Views. I will email you some pics, and a short video of me with a herd of water buffalo. But we digress. :slight_smile: Looking forward to hearing more about whatever is cooking here at PSA!

:smiley: =D>

OK, after this commercial break, now back to the NEW "Nirvana"thingy.

Gordon said: Start putting a bit of Dough $$$ aside

>:)

... o-o ... :-?

OK...

... back into ashtavakrasana...

Disappointing news on the amp. My Classic 250 is back in the shop (I think this is the fifth repair job). Still, I’m sufficiently obsessive that if I’m told we can get a better amp by waiting a little longer (which we just were), I’ll hang in there.

G: “Nirvana” sets a pretty high bar. We’re going to hold you to it. :smiley:

stevem2 said: We're going to hold you to it.

Absolutely.
Any gizmo that ups my SQ at this point would certainly qualify in my Wiki.
Of course there is always the element of subjectivity but I'm fairly confident at this point as well as we all know that nothing is permanent so we will, of course, have a new benchmark for our definitions.
was that cryptic enough?

~X(

If “cryptic” means here not actually saying anything, you’re golden.

OK…you talked me into it…I’m just a sucker for punishment…I’m postponing my new turntable and setting the ducats aside! Of course I’ll need to find somewhere to hide them so the other half doesn’t think she has funds for Vegas!

You know… I have always been an analog guy to some extent, and despite the fact that 90% of my music playing is digital I have been very reluctant to part with my turntable or even move downmarket. Part of it is that I am drawn to the fiddliness and mechanical aspects of it, but that’s not all. I do love the sound, though I easily recognize the aspects of digital that are superior. But. lately I am actually starting to feel that maybe it’s finally time to get over that and admit that great digital is truly truly great and there’s nothing to be lost by leaving it behind. With the PWD Mk II I am almost - almost - there. But something tiny is still holding me back; maybe it’s just sentiment but I’m not sure. Anyway, that said, maybe whatever Paul & Co are working on now may finally convince me to digitize the rest of my LP’s and stick with digital entirely from now on. It would certainly increase my budget if I sold off my TT and phono preamp…:slight_smile:

You know... I have always been an analog guy to some extent, and despite the fact that 90% of my music playing is digital I have been very reluctant to part with my turntable or even move downmarket. Part of it is that I am drawn to the fiddliness and mechanical aspects of it, but that's not all. I do love the sound, though I easily recognize the aspects of digital that are superior. But. lately I am actually starting to feel that maybe it's finally time to get over that and admit that great digital is truly truly great and there's nothing to be lost by leaving it behind. With the PWD Mk II I am almost - almost - there. But something tiny is still holding me back; maybe it's just sentiment but I'm not sure. Anyway, that said, maybe whatever Paul & Co are working on now may finally convince me to digitize the rest of my LP's and stick with digital entirely from now on. It would certainly increase my budget if I sold off my TT and phono preamp...:)

Please you don't want to go over to the dark side permantly? You have to have that light. While I don't use my analog setup as much as I would like, I would have a very difficult time parting with it.

Haha, I totally hear you. Seriously. I probably won’t do it, and will always cherish my analog setup, but in truth it already counts for no more than maybe 5% of my listening, and with the next quantum leap in digital SQ, well…

Whatever the new thingy is it may very well improve the sound of analog as well as digital. Unless you have inside information, Bob, that it’s a digital device…