Sprout Amp in Europe

I have a Sprout American amp, and I assume it doesn’t have dual voltage which is why the manual recommends to not use it in Europe. I now live in Europe and unfortunately don’t have the means to buy another European amp unless it’s from another company and likely used and inferior. And I really love this device. If it’s an 1875W device (based off of the cable reading 125V and 15A), I assume I’ll need a transformer with higher wattage for it to work in a 220V country like Spain? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Yes, a stepdown transformer would work fine, but make sure it’s at least a few hundred Watts. You can also send it to us and we can convert it for you for a nominal fee.

Hi, I JUST ordered a sprout integrated amp and saw this. I live in Hungary, does this mean I can’t use the amp straight out of the box???

If you ordered the US version you should absolutely not plug it into a European 220 volt outlet. It does not auto-adjust to the incoming voltage.

Allan Cuevas said

Hi, I JUST ordered a sprout integrated amp and saw this. I live in Hungary, does this mean I can’t use the amp straight out of the box???

Allan Cuevas said

If you ordered directly from us you’re ok. If you ordered from a third party vendor like Amazon then do not plug it in. They only sell US version.

Ok great to know. I ordered directly from you guys, does that mean I just need an adaptor and I’m good to go?

Yup. As lomng as we send it to you we should have enough sense to know the unit needs to be set to 230 volts. You need only lug it in.

For added peace of mind the voltage requirement should be clearly marked on the back panel.

My sprout arrived today with European plug. Customs duty importing to Hungary was a killer (an extra $180) but everything works great - am very happy with this little unit

Excellent.

Congratulations!

(Ouch! on the duty)

Ditto, on all counts.