Sprout100 Speaker Cables Or Power Cables

Well, though my work on our flagship speakers are ongoing, I’m finally able to put in some more efforts on some associated products for Sprout. I personally find more accessible and high value quotient products exciting and hope they’re a vehicle for more PS Audio converts in the future.

3 Likes

I followed your lead and have added the ELAC UB52 2.0s and Audioquest Q2 speaker cables. Really opened things up. BTW don’t forget about a good USB cable on the input side. Sometime ago I replaced the old scanner USB cable I was using from my MacBook Pro with an Audioquest Forest USB and that was an eye opener. Thanks for sharing your experiences!

That is sooo great to hear and I am happy to hear this is working well for you. I have to say, everyday I listen to this setup, everyday a smile comes to my face over something I am discovering in some disk I have not listened to in a while being revealed.

I have been playing around with speaker placement and really love the soundstage this setup can create.

In terms of a USB cord, I stream straight from my iPhone Xs to the Sprout, so I just have a lightning cable to USB C connection. It sounds pretty good (even tried out Amazon HD Music for a month) but if I want that extra umph…it is going to come from my CD player. It must be the jitter and clock control built in at both ends that the iPhone just can’t deliver…

For high-value USB cables, it’s hard to beat the Schiit PYST (1 meter, $20). As Schiit freely admits, it’s just a basic-model Straight Wire USB cable that Schiit calls by a different name (in fact, the cable still has the Straight Wire branding on it).