Synergistic Research BLUE Quantum Fuse For My BHK PRE

Thanks Jack…the AMR’s were in my line of sight as well. I’ll assume you like them. How did they compare to the stock fuses?

Paul

There was an improvement no doubt but not night and day to my ears. The supplied ceramic fuses are much better than what other companies provide to start with. I would expect you would hear more improvement from the ones in the preamp and any front end gear than from the amps.

2 Likes

Thanks Jack…very much appreciated.

I have SR BLUE fuses for all BHK 300 fuses and it makes an improvement. However, just A/B against stock fuses, not other boutique fuses. All 22 fuses in my rig are now SR BLUE fuses and not snake oil. Before swapping my (4) Sbooster LPS for Farad Super3 LPS (SR BLUE), I used HiFi Tuning Supreme for Sboosters and they made a difference.

Same here but haven’t done the P20 or rails on the 300’s with Blue fuses.
Seems you and others hear a difference. What’s another grand for fuses, right? :grimacing:

2 Likes

Hi @cardri…why should I not compare with other boutique fuses? Are you just trying to save me time and money and just stay with what’s best?

Unless they have changed since I bought my SR fuse, they recommend that you try it both ways (after break in), then use whichever direction you prefer.

1 Like

I don’t have BHKs, but own P3 and P12 Power Plants, and Bee Wax fuses in each made a dramatic improvement. Logically, I do not see how a change in fuses makes a difference, but my ears say “WOW WOW WEE”!!! I’m retired, and at best, middle class, but for me, they are such a bargain.

1 Like

This is a rabbit hole that’s easy to get sucked into. I have Blue’s and Supremes. For my ears and wallet Supreme fuses are more than adequate and sound very good. I’ve only put Blues in my headphone amp and DSD.

2 Likes

As with anything audio related, it’s all about our ears, our system, our room(s), and our wallet. And where you, John, Steve or Robert are concerned, my opinion doesn’t mean diddly squat. Now, Jesse might be a different story!

@audiophilehi - personally, I don’t care what you do. I just tried SR BLUE fuse against stock and every change was good for me. I guess you could make a project out of this and buy (4) fuses of various kinds for each component and report back to the collective. I just report what I did to the collective, they then incorporate my uniqueness and others may add their experiences to help you from having to spend money with the exercise I pointed out.

@watchdog507 - perfectly articulated! This can become quite daunting… If the Supremes give you a plus up on SQ, worth the coin.

@straightwire - yeah, all about the SQ. If you don’t think it’s worth the coin… NFW I would buy SR BLUEs… yeah, definitely an SQ whore…:nerd_face::sunglasses:

I am surprised that you are giving an opinion without a hearing test. Give yourself a chance, buy these fuses, you won’t regret it.
I have SR Blue fuses in P5, DMP and DS for one year. Before I bought them, I short circuited the fuse in every device, the sound improvement was significant.

1 Like

I agree with you. Synergistic scare me. They have more seemingly nonsensical acronyms and “quantum this and that” claims. " We put a buhzillion volts thru it so you don’t have to"!
I once tried one of their very expensive power cables and sent it back because I heard literally no difference from what PS Audio supplied in the box.
All that said, their Blue fuses are without doubt wonderfully effective and worth my money.

That might be the exception and I admitted not to audition them but ALL else I’ve seen from them was snake oil hence I expanded it to this. As comparison, Audioquest did some demos of their cables, power and speakers and oh boy did I hear a big difference.

Now my next question is…how often should a fuse be replaced? I’ll assume they start to degrade after awhile similar to tubes.

Fuses need not be replaced unless they open

Thank you Brett!

Has anyone auditioned the new SR Orange fuses? They’re priced at the same price as the Blues; not sure if they’re replacements or complementary.