System Photos!

just a close up of part of one component of the system!

Made a new armboard for my Thorens TD-126 MKII.

Compare with the old one…

13 Likes

Black Widow?

1 Like

Yep!

I took the opportunity to do the armboard because the Ortofon MC20 cart is being retipped.

Was actually result of a mishap. Futzing with a loose hinge mechanism for the dust cover, my arm slipped and jammed the tonearm across the platter and bent the stylus. Very sad. But it was the original stylus, and I was contemplating a re-tip anyway.

The saddest thing was that it was due by post today, and I happened to be out for a bit this afternoon, and supposedly it was a signature-required package. So, I am out of luck until monday! Grrrrr.

1 Like

That is a beautiful integration into the living space, so nice to have sufficient real estate.

hi tlp

great looking system!

question for ya; is that a P10 power plant; and do you have both BHK300’s plugged in to + the front end gear? if so, at what % capacity is the P10 running?

just curious, as I have a P10 as well…and have been wondering if it can handle the two 300’s

thanks! T

Only the PS A devices, the BHK 300’s, DS and BHK Preamp are plugged into the P10. Currently, it’s only at 39%. Much less than when I had JC 1’s connected to it.

Edit: Made some tweaks to the P10. Now up to 46%. Still plenty of headroom.

I had some concerns as well…

We had Chris Craft 2x325hp and never worked properly despite the “engaging sound”. Can’t imagine the growling with those lambo one-off.

My dad always had a boat when I was growing up. We both had a soft spot in our nautical hearts for the wood Thompson’s and Chris-Crafts. Never wanted to bother with the spring ritual of bailing the things out for the first 24 hours of the season till the wood swelled up and sealed, though, and “glassing” the bottoms was sooo de-classe.

Those Rivas go for something crazy like $400k, I think, so for that I’d expect they’d be well sorted.

thx tlp!

Nice set up!
Does the DS & BHK Pre get enough ventilation? Looks pretty snug…

Thanks! It looks a bit tighter than it really is. No issues with excessive heat from any of components. The rack is pretty much open on all sides. There are no panels to trap heat. They are all cool/warm to the touch.

1 Like

I had a Black Widow many years ago. It was a nice tonearm.

1 Like

So, no one in the PSA community has a pair of the Wilson WAMM Master Chronosonic?

I was thinking about it, but I want something a little more serious.

9 Likes

…something that won’t kill me while I sleep.

10 Likes
1 Like

Fear the Wilson …
Chas

3 Likes

I’ve heard Wilsons, and I’m sure that pair sounds magnificent, but ain’t no way I’d ever want that thing in my house.

1 Like

That does seem more like a Pool House speaker.

1 Like

At $750k + options I will have to think about it just a little longer :thinking:

1 Like